There’s no denying it. Orin has style. The waist-length braid, the Lena M Áine-esque flesh dress, and the blades are all to die for. But is it possible to get those weapons for yourself? Here’s how to get the Crimson Mischief in Baldur’s Gate 3.
How to Get Orin’s Crimson Mischief Weapon in Baldur’s Gate 3
As early as Act 1, you’ll be introduced to the three handlers of the Absolute. And the most devastatingly dangerous of the three is undoubtedly Orin, at least in theory.
This favorite of Bhaal can shapeshift and has been using her abilities to go on a murder spree through Lower City. But if you defeat Orin, you can loot the Crimson Mischief from her corpse.
Yes. That means getting Crimson Mischief is almost inevitable if you’re completing the game, so long as you don’t knock Orin off the ledge of her arena. And that’s a pretty big ask, because there are a lot of ledges and it is very funny. But knocking Orin off the ledge means you won’t be able to loot her body, which is where you’ll find the shortsword.
How to Find and Kill Orin in Baldur’s Gate 3, Listed
While outlining every step to finding and killing Orin would be a small novella, here’s the condensed steps you can follow to get to her.
- Solve the Open Hand Temple Murder in Rivington
- Investigate the Murders In Lower City / Baldur’s Gate
- Find the Murder Tribunal
- Find the Temple of Bhall
- Kill Orin
While pursuing Orin, she’ll kidnap one of your companions. Fortunately, you have an infinite amount of time to get them back, so long as you don’t go to the Murder Tribunal. Once you find the Murder Tribunal, you have three long rests to save your companion and kill Orin.
Crimson Mischief’s Stats and Abilities in Baldur’s Gate 3
Crimson Mischief is one of the best legendary weapons for assassins and rogues in the game. But it’s even better when paired with its twin, Bloodthirsty, which will be deposited into your inventory after you defeat Orin and go through the post-fight cutscene.
Here are all the stats for Crimson Mischief.
- 1d6+7 Piercing
- 1d4 Necrotic
- 12d4 Piercing (Conditional)
- Prey Upon the Weak: This weapon deals an additional 1-4 Piercing Damage against targets with 50% of their hit points or fewer.
- Redvein Savagery (Main Hand): When you make an attack with Advantage, the target takes an additional 7 Piercing damage.
- Crimson Weapon (Off-Hand): When you make an attack with your off-hand weapon, you can add your Ability Modifier to the damage of the attack.