The Underdark is even bigger than it seems when your first arrive in Baldur’s Gate 3, and the Arcane Tower is the first real sign of the exploration you have ahead. But to get inside the tower, you need to reach the Arcane Tower Basement.
How to Access the Arcane Tower Basement in BG3
To reach the Arcane Tower Basement, you must run by the arcane turrets and use the large mushrooms on the cliff to reach the bottom of the tower. By default, the two arcane turrets will target and attack your party. Using the turn-based mode can help you get by with less damage, but we were able to run and then camp to full health after reaching the mushrooms.
When you first approach the arcane turrets, there is one in the center courtyard and one on the stairs to the tower. You need to run behind the turret on the stairs to find the mushrooms. Once you get there, simply use the jump action to reach the mushroom platform. All of your party members will be able to make the jump without any distance issues.
Keep jumping down the mushrooms until you reach the bottom of the cliff and the Arcane Tower itself. At this point, you can break through the Arcane Tower Basement door and gain access to the tower in Baldur’s Gate 3. But that’s really just the start of the problem.
How to Restore Power to the Arcane Tower
The full tower needs power back and here’s how to easily restore it:
- Go to the outside area and grab one of the Sussur Blooms or more specifically, (X-70, Y:-286).
- Bring one of them back into the Arcane Tower Basement
- Combine the bloom into the elevator box.
Now the tower is back to normal and you can reach every floor without any turrets targeting you.
How to Disable the Arcane Turrets in BG3
You can disable all the Arcane Turrets in Baldur’s Gate 3 by turning on the power in the Arcane Tower. By simply placing the Sussur Bloom in the box, all the turrets will flip over and become useless, which gives you an easy path forward.
Loot Found in the Arcane Tower
- Skybreaker: An uncommon light-hammer that deals a 1D4+1 damage on attack. Comes with the spell Searing Smite. Coordinates: (X:22 Y:-296).
- Scroll of Stinking Cloud: Creates a stink cloud so nauseating, it prevents players from moving.
- Ingots: Sellable items.
- Broken Machinery: Alchemist ingredients.
You can also find the Chest of the Mundane in the Arcane Tower. This chest contains rare items such as:
- Scroll of Mage Armor.
- Mystra’s Grace: Uncommon boots that give the player Feather Fall.
- Scroll of Protection From Evil and Good.
- Hearthlight Bomb.
- Two Silver Ingots.
- Gold Ingot.
If you took too much damage on the way to the tower, make sure you read our guide on how to rest in Baldur’s Gate 3.