This latest Baldur’s Gate 3 hotfix is one you may have been waiting for for some time now. With improvements to the shared stash system, several significant crashing errors fixed, and other miscellaneous changes, this is one I’m happy to see. To learn more, continue reading to find a complete list of Baldur’s Gate 3’s Hotfix 8 patch notes, released on October 3, 2023.
Baldur’s Gate 3 October 3 Hotfix 8 Update – Full Patch Notes
Baldur’s Gate 3’s hotfix eight patch notes primarily consist of fixing a major Vulkan crash error, improving the shared stash system, and, most importantly, shaving His Majesty, the cat. Let’s check out Baldur’s Gate 3’s Hotfix 8 patch notes.
- Companions will no longer transfer story items in their inventory to the player upon dismissal, restoring Patch 2 behavior.
- Fixed reaction popups sometimes showing no text descriptions of the reactions available.
- Fixed a multiplayer crash that would occur when listening to a dialogue after an active roll.
- Eavesdrop will no longer trigger when a character is in any Character Creation session, such as level up or the magic mirror.
- Fixed a bug in Vulkan causing DEVICE_LOST crashes.
- Fixed a bug where Skeletons created using Animate Dead were missing their ranged weapons, despite specialising in them.
- Fixed an issue where the Weapon Master Feat would show as incomplete if a player was already proficient with all weapons.
- Fixed a crash when re-assigning characters in splitscreen.
- Fixed a visual issue with volumetric fog and materials generation.
- Fixed an issue with invalid savegames being created.
- Restored Raphael’s hair colour and horns. The House of Hope is once again fashion-forward.
- Fixed an issue where Splint Armour for Githyanki Females caused some unnecessarily psychedelic visual effects.
- Shaved His Majesty, who is once again a Sphynx. Steelclaw’s eye colour has been adjusted so they are no longer identical twins.
- Fixed Raphael’s portraits after restoring his hair colour. Maybe he’s born with it, maybe it’s Avernus.
- Fixed Twitch drops not being claimable on PS5.
That concludes Baldur’s Gate 3’s hotfix 8, released on October 3, 2023. Be sure to read the official Steam announcement to learn more.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is available on PC, Mac, PlayStation 5, and soon on Xbox Series X|S. To learn more about the game, check out how to find the Magic Mirror in BG3, or click the game tag below to dive into our growing article collection!