Mario Strikers: Battle League has arrived on the Nintendo Switch and has revived the Strikers series of Mario soccer that we haven’t seen since the Wii days. The new game brought even crazier action on the field, with insane Hyper Strike moves as well as great support for multiplayer and co-op gaming. However, Nintendo fans were a bit disappointed with the smaller selection of characters compared to the 15-year-old previous installment – check the list below for all playable characters in Mario Strikers Battle League.
All Playable Characters in Mario Strikers Battle League
Without a doubt, Nintendo will most likely increase the roster with DLC, potentially via Expansion Pass, in the future, but for the time being, these 10 Nintendo icons remain the only playable characters in the new Mario Strikers Battle League.
- Mario – Nintendo’s main mascot, a little bit more aggressive than usual.
- Luigi – Just like in Mario Kart games, Luigi is the king when it comes to giving opponents the stink eye.
- Bowser – The big bad guy great for offensive play.
- Peach – Princess is really quick and can even pack a punch with her tackle moves.
- Rosalina – She can fly, and send the ball to outer space and back with her Hyper Strike! OP, much?
- Toad – Small and cute, sometimes hard to see on the field.
- Yoshi – Comes in various colors.
- Donkey Kong – Super fun to play, especially when you gear him up.
- Wario – Got that signature tackle, and sometimes just carries the ball around like it’s the bomb.
- Waluigi – The absolute star of the game when it comes to goal celebrations.
That concludes the short list of playable characters in Mario Strikers Battle League. Because matches are played 4 on 4 (not counting the goalkeepers), you will frequently see the same ones on opposing teams due to a very limited roster.
This limitation has been eased with the fact that many alternative colors and additional gear can make the same characters seem somewhat different, but we would definitely like to see other missing Nintendo characters. From the past game, these are just Bowser Jr, Princess Daisy, Diddy Kong, Petey Pirahna, and the Super Team, but more characters that we saw in other recent Nintendo sports games like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Mario Golf: Super Rush would be welcome here as well.
For more Nintendo, check out everything shown at the Nintendo Indie World Showcase and the best JRPGs on the Nintendo Switch.