Big changes are coming to Destiny 2 with the arrival of Lightfall and Season 20 on February 28. 2023. But one of the more significant changes is how Guardians will be able to deal with Champions. These powerful enemies have been trickling into more and more content, but Season 20 will change how we approach them. Here are all Champion Counters in Lightfall Destiny 2 that we know about so far.
All Champion Counters in Lightfall Destiny 2
Champions are likely to become more common in Lightfall, and Destiny has made fighting these enemies far more approachable.
We can expect Champion Artifact Mods and Exotics with intrinsic Champion counters, like the Lament, to stay relevant and useful in countering Champions. But now, all class sub-types will have perks that will help you stun or pierce Champions. Some items and perks listed are subject to change.
All Exotic Gear with Intrinsic Champion Stuns or Pierce in Destiny 2
The below Exotics have intrinsic Champion counters and are listed in alphabetical order.
- Athrys’s Embrace (Hunter)
- Devil’s Ruin
- Eriana’s Vow
- Le Monarque
- Leviathan’s Breath
- Revision Zero
- Secant Filaments (Warlock)
- Second Chance (Titan)
- The Lament
Related: All Pre-Order Bonuses for Destiny 2 Lightfall
All Class Perk Champion Counters in Destiny 2
Based on Bungie blog posts, found on their website or Twitter, the following information regarding Class perks has been compiled. It’s likely that the new sub-class, Strand, will also have its own intrinsic perks. Unfortunately, many things have not yet been revealed. Here’s what we know so far:
- Solar Abilities and Status Effects:
- Ignition – triggering Solar Ignition stuns Champions.
- Radiant – While Radiant, your attacks piece shields and stuns the Champion.
- Void Abilities and Status Effects:
- Volatile Rounds – Volatile rounds from your weapons pierces shields and stuns the Champion.
- Arc Abilities and Status Effects:
- Jolt: Triggering the Jolted condition stuns the Champion.
- Blind: Blinding a Champion instantly stuns them.
- Stasis Abilities and Status Effects:
- Slow: Slowing the Champion with Stasis stuns them.
- Freeze into Shatter: Freezing a Champion and then Shattering them stuns them.