Another new Nintendo Switch update has gone live and comes bearing a few more tweaks than the previous patches that have gone through. Nintendo Switch update 10.0 brings with it system stability, an increased amount of bookmarked items, and adorable new Animal Crossing: New Horizons icons to enjoy! Here’s everything you need to know about Nintendo Switch update 10.00.
Nintendo Switch 10.00 Update Now Live, Here’s What It Does
Right out of the gate, the latest Nintendo Switch update allows for users to bookmark their favorite news items, including a maximum of 300 news items that can be booked per unit. The only contingency to this is that if a news article is bookmarked and no longer available for some reason, the bookmark will no longer matter and that item will no longer be visible.
System Memory and SD Card Compatibility
The newest update also allows user to transfer downloadable software, data, and any DLC from the system itself to a memory card and from a memory card to the system. This makes it incredibly easy for those that may have two Switches to share between a family or for someone that may have recently upgraded to a different kind of Switch console.
Finally! The ability to remap buttons is here on the Nintendo Switch controller! According to Nintendo:
- Analog stick and button configurations can now be changed for each paired controller.
- Custom configurations can be saved as favorites in System Settings > Controllers and Sensors.
- Custom configurations are stored on the Nintendo Switch system.
- Configurations can be customized for the following controllers: Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R), Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Button configurations can also be customized on the Nintendo Switch Lite system.
- This feature is not available for other controllers.
- On each system, up to five favorite custom configurations can be saved for Joy-Con (L), five for Joy-Con (R), five for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Five configurations can also be saved as favorites for Nintendo Switch Lite.
A New Section in User Settings
Nintendo Switch users may also note that there is a new User Setting for Play Activity Settings, which effectively changes the Display Play Activity To: and Delete Play Activity to be moved from Friends Settings to the new Play Activity Settings that this update brings.
Adorable New Icons
The latest Nintendo Switch update also adds 6 new adorable icons for fans to rep that Animal Crossing: New Horizons pride loud and true!
In addition to the new features and tweaks provided, Nintendo Switch 10.00 update also allows for general system stability improvements and overall tweaks to ensure a smooth play experience all around! For most, the update will begin downloading automatically but for those that have this functionality turned off, it’s as simple as going into System Settings, scroll down to System, and select the first option that says System Update.
Nintendo also warns that some have not been able to update their systems at first, but restarting the console has been fixing that particular issue.
And there you have it, that’s everything that comes with the new Nintendo Switch update with version 10.00. Be sure to check out our Nintendo Switch hub here for more news and tips regarding the Nintendo hybrid console!