Today during the Monster Hunter May Digital Event Capcom unveiled its plans for the 3.0 update in Monster Hunter Rise as well as a brand new trailer for Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin.
Monster Hunter Rise Digital event Shows Off Rise 3.0 Update and Monster Hunter Stories 2 Trailer
First up, Crimson Glow Valstrax and Apex Zinogre will be coming to the game via this title update which launches on May 26th 8pm EST.
Crimson Glow Valstrax is a new variant of the Valstrax, which was the flagship monster from Monster Hunter Generations. While the Apex Zinogre has brand new attacks and a new color palette.
Update 3.0 also brings a brand new ending to the game which the digital event obviously did not show. Capcom also showed off the roadmap for future updates for the title, which will be getting monthly content in both DLC, events, and Capcom collaborations.
June’s Capcom Collab will feature the Palico Tsukino from Monster Hunter Stories 2 as a layered armor set in Monster Hunter Rise. There are more Capcom collabs set for both the end of July and August so be on the lookout for those.
Outside of all of the above Rise will also be getting a list of new features that were not shown, but mentioned in the digital event.
- New Monsters will appear in Hub quests
- New Monsters will appear in the Ramage
- New quests will be available
- New boss battle arena will be available
- New weapon trees, armor, layered armor, and items will be available
- New skills and Rampage skills will be available
- You can use materials to change the appearance of rampage weapons.
The May Digital event also showcased a new trailer for Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin, which can be seen below.
- How to Get Dreamshell in Monster Hunter Rise
- Should You Capture or Kill In Monster Hunter Rise
- Monster Hunter Rise Version 2.0 & 3.0 Updates Detailed In Latest Direct