Halo Infinite was released last year to critical and fan acclaim. Despite there being a number of multiplayer issues that needed addressing (looking at you, Big Team Battle) 343 has been slowly chipping away at fixing them.
Halo Infinite Patch Fixes Big Team Battle Matchmaking, Ranked Oddball & More
A #HaloInfinite update is now live with improvements to Big Team Battle matchmaking. If you’re currently playing, close and relaunch Halo Infinite to install. For more information, be sure to follow @HaloSupport.
— Halo (@Halo) February 3, 2022
A new patch went out today that had a number of resolved issues.
Most notably fixes to Big Team Battle, which has been a hot topic amongst the fans.
- Matchmaking service improvements for Big Team Battle (BTB). Players should find full matches quicker and more consistently.
- Scorpion Tanks and Wraiths will appear more frequently on BTB maps.
- Fireteam members in BTB matches will have the selected Fireteam Marker color, but may still start the match in different areas of the map.
- Join in progress rules updated to avoid matchmaking into games which are nearly complete
The update also features a few additional fixes that can be seen below.
- Changes to Oddball in both Ranked and Arena Multiplayer playlists:
- If the score is tied when a round’s timer runs out, one minute is added back to the timer. If the score is tied at the end of the additional minute, then the round will be declared a tie.
- The match will end if two separate rounds end in a tie and the victory will go to the team with more rounds won.
- Halo Championship Series (HCS) variant of Free-For-All Slayer added to the Custom Game modes list.
- In Custom Games, changes to Free-For-All Slayer, FFA Oddball, Neutral Flag and Tactical Slayer game options update correctly.
The download size for this update is approximately one Gb or less.
Do these Halo patch notes fix your problems with some of the multiplayer? Be sure to let us know what you still want to see from Halo Infinite on our official Prima Games Twitter and Facebook pages, or leave us a comment down below.