Dead by Daylight is adding another iconic horror franchise into the mix, this time with Konami’s Silent Hill crashing the terrifying party! From Pyramid head to a few Easter egg surprise, the next step for the Dead by Daylight adventure is arguably its biggest feat to-date!
“We are so thrilled to welcome Silent Hill as Chapter 16 of Dead by Daylight. Silent Hill is such an iconic video game licence and to add it to our legendary roster of horror is truly an honor,” mentioned Mathieu Côté, Game Director on Dead by Daylight and Product Evangelist for Behaviour Interactive. “We hope players will have as much fun discovering this Chapter as we had in making it.”
Prima Games recently got a chance to sit down and talk about the upcoming expansion and while Creative Director Mathieu Cote was quite mum about which hidden gems littered throughout the new expansion that they are most excited for, he couldn’t keep the excitement all the way in!
“We had a bunch of ideas for this chapter,” he told Prima. “Let’s say that the team was fired up and excited. That meant a few ideas got turned down by Konami for not being right for them. That’s fine, we had so much we wanted to do, it was necessary to cut somewhere anyway. But we’re happy that a few of our crazier ideas did make it in.”
Silent Hill is one of the biggest franchises to come out of Konami alongside that of the famous Metal Gear series, but Silent Hill truly left its mark on horror in large part due to Hideo Kojima’s unique talents. As huge lovers of this horror franchise, the Dead by Daylight team knew they had to have this license and what they got out of this deal is nothing short of incredible for fans!
So what do you need to know? Well, there’s the notorious Pyramid Head making his way into the game, but what about the new survivor and map? Here’s what Dead by Daylight fans have to look forward to:
- Midwich Elementary School is the scene of unspeakable horrors. Any sense of the innocence that once marked these halls is gone. In its place: stained walls, rusted chains, hanging cadavers and a sense that things have gone horribly wrong.
- Pyramid Head, known as The Executioner, is a sadistic and merciless killer fixated on dispensing punishment through pain. Never without his hulking great blade in tow, Pyramid Head has stepped into the fog to fulfill his nefarious duty.
- Cheryl Mason, previously known as Heather, is the Chapter’s newest survivor. Having freed herself from the religious cult that had pursued her since birth, she now must fight an eternal battle in the Entity’s realm.
With over 20 million players across the globe taking part in each new expansion that the Dead by Daylight team brings in, now more than ever there are many exciting reasons to jump right in! From movies to TV and now other games, Dead by Daylight continues to show gamers why this is a game worth investing some serious time into. Just don’t play with me, I’m a screamer.
- The Medium is one of the best-looking horror games announced in years
- Our review of the recent Resident Evil 3 remake
- How to do the Electric Slide in Resident Evil 3
Dead by Daylight and the Silent Hill expansion arrives on the public test servers on Steam starting today with a full console and PC launch slated for June 16! Excited? Sound off with your thoughts on the latest Dead by Daylight expansion over on Twitter @PrimaGames!