Pokémon Scarlet and Violet’s first DLC, The Teal Mask, will be released on September 13. But as it turns out, certain players may be getting to explore the land of Kitakami earlier than others. Well, “earlier” is subjective in this case—everyone will be playing the DLC simultaneously.
What Time is Pokémon Scarlet & Violet: The Teal Mask DLC Coming Out?
The September 13 release date given for The Teal Mask actually refers specifically to the DLC’s Japanese release time. There, the DLC is expected to drop between 9 and 10 AM.
Pokémon DLC is modeled after the way many multiplayer games’ DLC is: all the DLC is actually downloaded as part of a game update, which is why players who don’t buy the DLC can still trade for and battle against DLC-exclusive Pokémon. Buying the DLC from the eShop isn’t buying the DLC itself but instead buying the in-game flag to unlock access to the DLC content when it releases. Since updates are rolled out simultaneously worldwide, certain locations, including the USA, will be able to access the DLC earlier than September 13 in their own time zones.
The following list shows the Teal Mask release times for various time zones based on the later expected drop of 10 AM JST. There is the possibility that the DLC will release an hour earlier than this!
Pokémon Scarlet & Violet: The Teal Mask DLC Release Time Countdown
- September 12 at 3 PM – Hawai’i Standard Time (UTC -10)
- September 12 at 6 PM – Pacific Daylight Time (UTC -7)
- September 12 at 8 PM – Central Daylight Time (UTC -5)
- September 12 at 9 PM – Eastern Daylight Time (UTC -4)
- September 13 at 2 AM – British Summer Time (UTC +1)
- September 13 at 3 AM – Central European Summer Time (UTC +2)
- September 13 at 9 AM – Australian Western Time (UTC +8)
- September 13 at 10:30 AM – Australian Central Time (UTC +9:30)
- September 13 at 11 AM – Australian Eastern Time (UTC +10)