When you’re building up your ship in Starfield, picking out the best individual parts for your ship are key to ensuring you can handle whatever the game throws at you. For example, picking the right Reactor for the job can be an equally complex and difficult choice. Offensive options are no easier, though that’s why I’m here to help. Here’s what the best ship weapon is in Starfield.
Which Ship Weapons Should You Use in Starfield?
While I could tell you that particle beam weapons are the best ship weapons in Starfield and call it a day, there’s much more to it than that (which is partly why I don’t use them myself). Ship weapons fall into several different classes and come in five different types. All of this needs to be taken into account when setting your arsenal up. As such, we’re going to break this down into the best ship weapons for each individual class and weapon type. Firstly, though, I have to explain what any of that means.
Ship weapons are split into Class A, Class B, and Class C weapons. Each of these offers different stats that increase with Class but also require a Reactor of that Class to wield. That’s easy enough. It’s the ship weapon types that can be a little more complex. Here’s a rundown of each ship weapon type and what it’s designed for:
All Ship Weapon Types and Which Are Best in Starfield
- BAL/Ballistic – Weapons that are designed to deal Hull damage but are weak against shields.
- LAS/Laser – Weapons that do great at tearing through shields but are weak at dealing damage to a ship’s health pool.
- MSL/Missile – The ideal burst damage weapon. These hit hard no matter whether you’re hitting shields or the hull, but fire slowly and are meant more to complement other weapons.
- EM/Electromagnetic – The best at disabling ship systems. While it does very little to a ship’s health, a well-placed shot can deal devastating damage to a ship’s Engines, Grav Drive, Shields, etc.
- PAR/Particle Beam – For those who don’t want to lean one way or the other. These weapons do fairly good against either shields or a ship’s hull, but aren’t amazing in one or the other.
As for which of three of these five weapon types you should choose for your ship, I personally like running a Ballistic and Laser combo followed by Missile. This keeps things well-rounded and makes room for that crisp burst damage out of the missile launcher. Both the other weapons types have their perks, though, and shouldn’t be ignored just because I said so.
The Best Ship Weapons in Each Class and Type in Starfield
We’re going to break this section down into the three individual Classes and list the best ship weapon for each type in that Class. That way, depending on the ship you’re running, you’ll know which weapons pair best with that Class.
All of the entries on this list will avoid Turret variants of weapons since these fire automatically and are unreliable.
- Class A
- BAL – Mauler 105U Cannon
- LAS – Singe 4MW Laser
- MSL – Atlatl 280A Missile Launcher
- EM – Nullifier 1750 Suppressor
- PAR – PBO-50 Auto Proton Beam
- Class B
- BAL – Mauler 107I Cannon
- LAS – Torch 250MW UV Laser
- MSL – Atlatl 280B Missile Launcher
- EM – EMP-500 Suppressor
- PAR – PB-100 Neutron Beam
- Class C
- BAL – MKE-9 Gauss Gun
- LAS – Dragon 261P SX Pulse Laser
- MSL – Atlatl 280C Missile Launcher
- EM – Fulminator 8000 Suppressor
- PAR – PBO-300 Auto Alpha Beam
If you’re looking to find the best parts for your ship, check out our guide on the best Reactors in Starfield.