Have you heard about Sony Interactive Entertainment’s (SIE) new initiative called PlayStation Playmaker? Well, if not, that’s exactly what we are here to discuss. I will take you through all of the information released from this latest project, talk about who’s involved in it, and detail what each PS Playmaker receives from Sony Interactive Entertainment once they’ve joined forces.
What Is a PlayStation Playmaker, & How Does It Work?
A PlayStation Playmaker is somebody that SIE will work with and has signed on as a partner to help promote games and the PlayStation brand. The PlayStation Playmaker initiative is a new marketing venture created by SIE where they will collaborate with some of the world’s best artists, athletes, creators, gamers, and influencers from across the globe who have strong cultural presences in their respective communities.
These celebrities will be more involved in pre-game content, providing behind-the-scenes looks and early access to game titles. There haven’t been many in-depth details given about how it all works, but we are hoping for more information to be released as 2023 progresses. As per the Senior Vice President and Head of Global Marketing at Sony Interactive Entertainment, Eric Lempel, there’s plenty more to come.
Who Is Part of the PlayStation Playmakers?
There is quite an impressive list of PlayStation Playmakers who have already joined, and Sony Interactive Entertainment promises the list will continue to grow while they take this journey into a new era for gamers and Sony PlayStation fans. Below is a list of cultural influencers invited to the latest PlayStation party:
PlayStation Playmakers to Date
- NBA and Los Angeles Lakers player LeBron James,
- Belgian and Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku,
- NFL and Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Ja’Marr Chase,
- NFL and Dallas Cowboys wide receiver CeeDee Lamb,
- French football freestyler Lisa Zimouche,
- WNBA All-Rookie NaLyssa Smith,
- Professional BMX athlete Nigel Sylvester,
- Actor and comedian King Bach,
- Country music star Jimmie Allen,
- Brazilian content creator Julio Cocielo,
- American gaming YouTuber Nick930,
- Actor and Stranger Things star Finn Wolfhard,
- Gamer Jeannail Carter,
- Actress Sarah Carlos,
- Musician Rina Sawayama,
- American YouTuber Marz, and
- American Fighting Games commentator and content creator Sheila “DaPurpleSharpie” Moore.
What Have Playmakers Received From PlayStation?
PlayStation Playmakers receive a box full of fun, literally. A couple of playmakers who have received their welcome packages gave viewers a peek at what they got after they joined in on the action. Here’s what playmakers receive from SIE:
Included in Playmakers Mystery Box
- 2 x PS Controllers (1 new DualSense Edge wireless controller and 1 x Traditional PS5 controller),
- Black PS5 Console cover,
- PS VR2,
- PSVR Sense controllers,
- PlayStation Apparel, and
- 4 x Playstation Best Hit Games for PS5:
– Horizon Forbidden West,
– God of War Ragnarok,
– The Last of Us Part 1, and
– Gran Turismo 7.
To say that I’m jealous, would be an understatement. There you have all the information on what PlayStation has installed for us in the near and distant future. Fingers crossed that you and I are the next in line to become PlayStation Playmakers.
Are you a horror game fan and want to know what to look out for this year still? Read The Most Anticipated Horror Games of 2023 and save the dates (if there is one already).