Riot Games will be officially entering the first-person shooter genre when Valorant hits the market later this year. Valorant is a character-based tactical FPS title where two teams of five compete to eliminate each other and be crowned victorious. One of the characters that are known as Agents that players will be able to use is Phoenix. Fortunately, we have everything currently known about Phoenix covered for all of you interested individuals out there.
According to the official description of this character from Riot Games, "Phoenix’s star power shines through in his fighting style, igniting the battlefield with flash and flare. Whether he’s got backup or not, he’s rushing in to fight on his own terms." This official description paints Phoenix as a Valorant Agent who is extremely confident in his fighting abilities and has no second thoughts about taking on enemies by himself.
Riot Games has also revealed that Phoenix is from the United Kingdom.
Players who choose to play as Phoenix will have four different abilities they can use to help themselves and their teammates gain every advantage they can in a match. You can find these four abilities and their official descriptions below:
- Signature Ability: Curveball- Cast a curving flare that bursts into brilliant light after a brief delay, temporarily blinding all looking at it. Left-click curves it left, right-click curves it right.
- Ultimate Ability: Run it Back - Mark your current location. If you die during this ability’s duration, or when this ability’s duration expires, you’ll be reborn at the marked location with full health.
- Hot Hands - Throw a fireball that explodes after a delay or upon impact with the ground. The fire zone damages enemies, and heals you.
- Blaze - Cast out a flame wall that blocks vision and damages anyone passing through it. You can bend the wall when casting by turning while holding left click.
The official Valorant Twitter account released a gameplay video showcasing Phoenix utilizing his various abilities in a match where viewers can see how useful this character can be when he used to his maximum potential. You can find this gameplay video for Phoenix below:
Do you want to learn more about Valorant besides all of the currently known information about Phoenix? If so, be sure to check out our dedicated hub for the high-profile title or three of our most recent pieces of coverage below:
- Will Valorant be on Console?
- Valorant (Project A) Release Date Guide
- Valorant Weapons List - What We Know So Far