It’s the start of 2024, and with it comes plenty of bug fixes and quality-of-life improvements for various games. Let’s talk about The Sims 4’s January 16 patch notes and what the update entails.
The Sims 4 January 16 Update Patch Notes
Today’s The Sims 4 patch notes are a quick list of bug fixes for the base game and various expansions. In particular, you’ll find patches for issues regarding masterpiece paintings and books, the Landgraab Power Company, and other bugs.
Below are the patch notes for The Sims 4’s first major update of the year, released on January 16, 2024.
- The Base Game’s loading screen tip about making cupcakes has been updated to reflect our recently Freed Cupcakes!
- We all know how eager the Landgraabs are for a bit of dough, but after a productive conference with The Landgraab Power Company, we are pleased to share that power will no longer be shut off early if a bill is not paid within the first 48 hours.
- Artists and Authors fear not! Masterpiece Paintings and Best-Selling Books will no longer change to “Excellent Quality” after saving and reloading. Phew!
- To prevent confusion, we’ve updated some error text to mention EA app instead of Origin if you are playing The Sims 4 through the EA app.
- We’ve fixed an issue where Sims could not gift honey to wild animals. Now, you may gift out honey to your heart’s content!
- Your Sims will no longer get Canning-related sentiments when Father Winter gives them a gift unrelated to canning. Don’t worry; you’ll always be jamtastic!
- Body scars will now appear on your Sims’ Mermaid Forms.
- Juice Pong and Keg activities now count as Pub Games during Club Activities.
- The ‘Start Fizzing’ interaction will now be correctly displayed at the Fizzing Station.
- Sims will no longer have difficulty putting Dye Objects discovered from the dumpster into their inventory.
- The Main Menu screenshots for this pack have been updated to the proper resolution.
- Our stunning Poolside Nails no longer leave a texture artifact on the open button-up shirt that comes with this Kit.
That’s the end of The Sims 4’s patch notes, released on January 16, 2024. To learn more about the game and its expansions, check out our research and debate skill cheat guide for The Sims 4: Discover University, or click the tag below to explore our growing article list.