There’s something cool about buying a cheap house, then earning every dollar you spend in The Sims 4. It’s rewarding for a while, but eventually you want that big mansion and swanky swimming pool. That’s where the game’s many cheats come into play, allowing you to alter just about all of the major concepts and nuisances you’ll come across. Today, we’ll focus on leveling up your skills, as these help you get promoted in jobs and do various activities more effectively. To learn more, continue reading to find a comprehensive guide on using The Sims 4 cheats, including how to use them to level up your skills to 10.
Table of Contents
- How to Raise Your Skills to Level 10 Using Cheats
- How to Use Cheats in The Sims 4
- Turning Cheats On and Off
- All In-Game Cheats for The Sims 4
- Using the Testing Cheats Command
Updated July 14, 2023, by Madison Benson: Added a step-by-step tutorial for using level 10 skill cheats and included a list of every skill in the game as of now. Also added a table of contents for easier navigation.
How to Raise Your Skills to Level 10 Using Cheats in The Sims 4
Below is a quick step-by-step guide to learning how to raise various skills to level 10 using cheats:
- Open the cheat menu using the following buttons/keys
- Ctrl + Shift + C on PC
- CMD + Shift + C on Mac
- R1 + R2 + L1 + L2 on PlayStation
- RB + RT + LB + LT on Xbox
- Type in testingCheats True
- Type in Stats.Set_Skill_Level Major_(Skill) 10. The “(Skill)” portion is whichever skill you wish to level up!
- If you have a child Sim instead, use stats.set_skill_level Skill_Child_(Skill) or stats.set_skill_level Skill_Toddler_(Skill)
It’s important to note that you can’t level up a Sims skill that you don’t have, so if you don’t own the Get to Work DLC, you can’t level up the Baking skill. As well, the Fitness skill plays by different rules, and has a cheat that is separate from the rest of the adult skills. We’ll get into this a little later, though.
As well, some skills, such as dancing from Get Together, are considered minor skills. For ones like this, you’ll use Stats.Set_Skill_Level Minor_(Skill) 5 or Stats.Set_Skill_Level Skill_(Skill) 5.
If you’re unfamiliar with the cheat menu and would like more details on how to navigate it, continue reading the next few sections! Otherwise, you can jump ahead to “All In-Game Cheats” or “All Skills Cheats.”
How to Use Cheats in The Sims 4
To bring up the cheat window, press Ctrl + Shift + C on your keyboard, then let it go. This will bring up a dialog box in the top left corner, and that’s where you input your cheats. After typing in the cheat, press Enter to activate it. When you’re done, press Ctrl + Shift + C again to close the dialog box.
Turning Cheats On and Off
Some cheats can be typed directly into the dialog box we described above, and others will require an additional command. If you bring up the dialog box, then type one of the cheats listed below, only to find that it’s not working, try typing TestingCheats True, then pressing Enter. When you’re done using cheats, type TestingCheats False, then press Enter. You close the dialog box the same way we described earlier, by using Ctrl + Shift + C.
All Skill Cheats for The Sims 4
With all that said and done, below is a list of every skill cheat currently available in The Sims 4 as of July 2023:
Base Game Skills
- Charisma – stats.set_skill_level Major_Charisma 10
- Comedy – stats.set_skill_level Major_Comedy 10
- Cooking – stats.set_skill_level Major_Cooking 10
- Fishing – stats.set_skill_level Major_Fishing 10
- Fitness – stats.set_skill_level Major_Fitness 10
- Gardening – stats.set_skill_level Major_Gardening 10
- Gourmet Cooking – stats.set_skill_level Major_GourmetCooking 10
- Guitar – stats.set_skill_level Major_Guitar 10
- Handiness – stats.set_skill_level Major_Handiness 10
- Logic – stats.set_skill_level Major_Logic 10
- Mischief – stats.set_skill_level Major_Mischief 10
- Mixology – stats.set_skill_level Major_Mixology 10
- Painting – stats.set_skill_level Major_Painting 10
- Piano – stats.set_skill_level Major_Piano 10
- Photography – stats.set_skill_level Major_Photography 10
- Programming – stats.set_skill_level Major_Programming 10
- Rocket Science – stats.set_skill_level Major_RocketScience 10
- Video Gaming – stats.set_skill_level Major_VideoGaming 10
- Violin – stats.set_skill_level Major_Violin 10
- Writing – stats.set_skill_level Major_Writing 10
- Creativity – stats.set_skill_level Skill_Child_Creativity 10
- Mental – stats.set_skill_level Skill_Child_Mental 10
- Motor – stats.set_skill_level Skill_Child_Motor 10
- Social – stats.set_skill_level Skill_Child_Social 10
- Communication – stats.set_skill_level Skill_Toddler_Communication 5
- Imagination – stats.set_skill_level Skill_Toddler_Imagination 5
- Movement – stats.set_skill_level Skill_Toddler_Movement 5
- Potty – stats.set_skill_level Skill_Toddler_Potty 3
- Thinking – stats.set_skill_level Skill_Toddler_Thinking 5
Expansion Pack Skills
Get to Work
- Baking – stats.set_skill_level Major_Baking 10
- DJ Mixing – stats.set_skill_level Major_DJMixing 10
- Dancing – stats.set_skill_level Minor_Dancing 5
- Singing – stats.set_skill_level Major_Singing 10
Cats and Dogs
- Veternarian – stats.set_skill_level Major_Vet 10
- Pet Training – stats.set_skill_level Skill_Dog 5
- Flower Arranging – stats.set_skill_level Major_FlowerArranging 10
- Acting – stats.set_skill_level Major_Acting 10
- Media Production – stats.set_skill_level Minor_Media 5
- Research and Debate – stats.set_skill_level Major_ResearchDebate 10
- Robotics – stats.set_skill_level Major_Robotics 10
- Fabrication – stats.set_skill_level Major_Fabrication 10
- Juice Fizzing – stats.set_skill_level Minor_JuiceFizzing 5
- Skiing – stats.set_skill_level Major_Skiing 10
- Snowboarding – stats.set_skill_level Major_Snowboarding 10
- Cross-Stitch – stats.set_skill_level Skill_CrossStitch 5
High School Years
- Entrepreneur – stats.set_skill_level Minor_Entrepreneur 5
Game Pack Skills
- Bowling – stats.set_skill_level Skill_Bowling 5
- Archaeology – stats.set_skill_level Major_Archaeology 10
- Selvadordian Culture – stats.set_skill_level Minor_LocalCulture 5
- Knitting – stats.set_skill_level Major_Knitting 10
- Herbalism – stats.set_skill_level Major_Herbalism 10
- Medium – stats.set_skill_level Minor_Medium 5
- Parenting – stats.set_skill_level Major_Parenting 10
- Wellness – stats.set_skill_level Major_Wellness 10
- Pipe Organ – stats.set_skill_level Major_PipeOrgan 10
As more packs release, we’ll continue to update this list with new skills!
All In-Game Cheats for The Sims 4
Alongside increasing your skills, you can also gain more money, automatically pay your bills, and do all kinds of other fun things to make your Sims’ lives easier. Below is a list of some extra cheats you can use:
- Kaching – This will give the current household $1,000. You can also type in rosebud, a cheat that gives you the exact same results.
- Motherlode – This will give your current household $50,000. Repeat it until you’re a millionaire, if that’s your goal.
- ResetSim Rumpo Gamer – Use this if your Sim gets stuck, replacing Rumpo with your Sim’s first name, and Gamer with their last name.
- Death.Toggle True/False – This cheat will turn death on and off in your game. True is for on and False is for off. You only use one at a time.
- HideHeadlineEffects On/Off – This will turn off the bubbles above your Sim’s heads, which is ideal for taking screen captures.
- FreeRealEstate On/Off – Turn this one on before you go house shopping if you want to live far beyond your means. Or, you know… use the money cheat.
- Households.AutoPay_Bills – Tired of paying $2,000 or more a week in bills? Use this cheat to get rid of them once and for all.
- Sims.Remove_All_Buffs – This will get rid of your Sim’s Moodlets. It’s an especially effective cheat after a divorce, or breaking up with another Sim.
- FPS On/Off – This cheat will display your frames per second while playing the game, useful if you’re experiencing performance problems.
- Fullscreen – The Fullscreen cheat is fairly useless, since this can be adjusted in the game’s options, under the video settings section.
- BB.MoveObjects – Use this cheat to take the restrictions off of placing objects, such as when you try to position something close to your property line.
- BB.ShowHiddenObjects – This cheat will allow you to see objects created through your skill improvements, or even allow you to add ponds to your lot.
- BB.EnableFreeBuild – This cheat allows you to build on lots such as the Police Station, Science Lab, or Hospital that came with the Get to Work expansion.
- BB.IgnoreGamePlayUnlocksEntitlement – This cheat will allow you to buy objects that would normally require you to unlock them through your career progression.
The Sims 4 is available on PC, Mac, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. To learn more about the game, check out how to unlock secret Create-A-Sim clothes in The Sims 4, or click the tag below to explore our growing article collection!