There's something cool about buying a cheap house, then earning every dollar you spend in The Sims 4. It's rewarding for a while, but eventually you want that big mansion and swanky swimming pool. That's where the game's many cheats come into play, allowing you to alter just about all of the major concepts and nuisances you'll come across.
Keep in mind that you can't level up a skill that you don't have, so if you don't own the Get to Work DLC, you can't level up the Baking skill. As well, the Fitness skill plays by different rules, and has a cheat that is separate from the rest of the adult skills.
Enjoy the video by Somewhat Awesome Games, where he'll show you some of the skill-based cheats in action. If any are going to trip you up, it's these ones.
How to Use Cheats in The Sims 4
To bring up the cheat window, press Ctrl + Shift + C on your keyboard, then let it go. This will bring up a dialog box in the top left corner, and that's where you input your cheats. After typing in the cheat, press Enter to activate it. When you're done, press Ctrl + Shift + C again to close the dialog box.
Turning Cheats On and Off in The Sims 4
Some cheats can be typed directly into the dialog box we described above, and others will require an additional command. If you bring up the dialog box, then type one of the cheats listed below, only to find that it's not working, try typing TestingCheats True, then pressing Enter. When you're done using cheats, type TestingCheats False, then press Enter. You close the dialog box the same way we described earlier, by using Ctrl + Shift + C.
All In-Game Cheats for The Sims 4
- Kaching - This will give the current household $1,000. You can also type in rosebud, a cheat that gives you the exact same results.
- Motherlode - This will give your current household $50,000. Repeat it until you're a millionaire, if that's your goal.
- ResetSim Rumpo Gamer - Use this if your Sim gets stuck, replacing Rumpo with your Sim's first name, and Gamer with their last name.
- Death.Toggle True/False - This cheat will turn death on and off in your game. True is for on and False is for off. You only use one at a time.
- HideHeadlineEffects On/Off - This will turn off the bubbles above your Sim's heads, which is ideal for taking screen captures.
- FreeRealEstate On/Off - Turn this one on before you go house shopping if you want to live far beyond your means. Or, you know... use the money cheat.
- Households.AutoPay_Bills - Tired of paying $2,000 or more a week in bills? Use this cheat to get rid of them once and for all.
- Sims.Remove_All_Buffs - This will get rid of your Sim's Moodlets. It's an especially effective cheat after a divorce, or breaking up with another Sim.
- FPS On/Off - This cheat will display your frames per second while playing the game, useful if you're experiencing performance problems.
- Fullscreen - The Fullscreen cheat is fairly useless, since this can be adjusted in the game's options, under the video settings section.
- BB.MoveObjects - Use this cheat to take the restrictions off of placing objects, such as when you try to position something close to your property line.
- BB.ShowHiddenObjects - This cheat will allow you to see objects created through your skill improvements, or even allow you to add ponds to your lot.
- BB.EnableFreeBuild - This cheat allows you to build on lots such as the Police Station, Science Lab, or Hospital that came with the Get to Work expansion.
- BB.IgnoreGamePlayUnlocksEntitlement - This cheat will allow you to buy objects that would normally require you to unlock them through your career progression.
Using the Testing Cheats Command
Press Ctrl + Shift + C, then type in TestingCheats True, pressing Enter after each one. Try the following commands and actions to alter the game as you see fit. Some, such as Shift + Left Click Mailbox involve interacting with the game world by clicking it. Others, like CAS.FullEditMode need to be typed into the dialog box.
- Shift + Left Click Mailbox - This will bring up a menu that allows you to change some game play mechanics, like Disable Need Decay or Make Happy.
- Shift + Left Click Sim - Doing this to a specific Sim will bring up a menu that allows you to alter that character, such as the Modify in CAS option.
- CAS.FullEditMode - Using this cheat with the Testing Cheats command will allow you to fully edit a Sim, including their gender and personality traits.
- Money 1000000 - This cheat allows you to give your household a specific amount of money. Replace the number with whatever you want in your account.
- Aspirations.Complete_Current_Milestone - This cheat will level up your Sim and have them instantly complete their current aspiration.
- Careers.Promote SecretAgent - Use this cheat to get your Sim promoted to the next level of their current career, replacing SecretAgent with your specific career.
- Careers.Demote SecretAgent - Use this cheat to get yourself demoted, if that's your thing. Replace SecretAgent with your specific career choice.
- Stats.Set_Skill_Level AdultMajor_Logic 10 - This would instantly make your Logic skill level 10. Replace Logic and 10 with your skill and level of choice.
- Stats.Set_Skill_Level Skill_Fitness 10 - This would specifically raise your Fitness skill to 10, as it does not play by the same rules as the other adult skills.
- Stats.Set_Skill_Level Skill_Child_Motor 10 - This cheat raises the skills of children. Again, you replace Motor with your desired skill, and the 10 with your desired level.
Enjoy theze Sims 4 cheats!