It’s that time of the week. You’re getting ready for another week of whatever it is you do. Who knows what this week will bring you? One thing that is for sure, though, is that with a new week comes new RuneScape patch notes. I have been looking forward to this week’s patch notes as I will soon receive a Steam Deck to play RuneScape on! Let’s see what they’ve released, updated, or modified in this week’s RuneScape patch notes as of July 3, 2023.
What’s New This Week in RuneScape
- Hotfix: Fixed an issue that was causing empty Rune Pouches to be overvalued upon Death and too expensive to reclaim.
That’s it. Yep, a single hotfix this week. You may be scratching your head in confusion, but there is a good reason for this. Everyone is hard at work during Game Jam – a weeklong event where mods can choose whatever they like to work on in RuneScape. Some of the projects are very exciting; I have listed them below for you.
|Who Is Involved?||What Is The Project?|
|Mod Blkwitch||Graphical updates to Varrock Sewers, the Edgeville Dungeon, and the Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon|
|Mod Ramen||Completionist Cape particle color customization|
|Mod Shogun||• Abyssal beasts can no longer shove you around when fighting them.|
• Ring of Kinship teleport is now faster. 4 ticks down from 10
• Button, rusted swords and broken armours from dig site and HAM members are now noteable.
• You can now fast travel through the dense forests in elf lands.
• Puzzle and knot skips now have a chance to drop from elite caskets in reduced amounts compared to hard clue rewards.
• Arch Glacors minions now spawn slightly further back.
• Arch Glacors minions now spawn after and the ice wall moves in from left right left right to telegraph it better.
• Arch Glacors minions core they leave behind now deals damage based on their life points up to 30k.
• Sceptre of the Gods now has bad luck protection (you can get it down to 1 in 20 compared to the base 1 in 650)
• Elite and Master scan clues now change colour depending on how close you are Light blue -> Orange -> Red
• Leng weapons special attack now deals damage (110-160% ability damage x2) instead of offering a combat buff.
• Leng weapons set effect now also increases your max hit cap by 30%
• Abyssal Parasites are now always applied from the Abyssal armour spikes
• Abyssal parasites now only spread to other enemies if the scourge is equipped.
• Abyssal parasites now stack up to 100, deal less damage per stack but lasts for 19.2 seconds compared to the previous 9
• Abyssal Scourge now have a 9 second charge period
|Mod Stu||Quest requirements clean up and some quality-of-life changes to certain quests|
|Mod Sponge||New gemstone|
|Mod Chaose||Daemonheim Archeology|
|Mod Dorn||• Removal of Challenge scroll delay|
• Faster to obtain Easy clue scrolls from NPCs
• Fixed multiple typing and spelling errors in relation to clue scrolls
|Mod Breezy||Visual update to Aura icons to help differentiate tiers|
|Mod Dragon||Visual update to starting armour for all combat styles|
|Mod Damo, and Mod Wov||Goblin graphical update|
|Mod Forza, Mod Melkor, and Mod Leebleh||New Player Guild|
|Mod Camel, Mod Abe, Mod Fowl, and Mod Rain||Undead Rex Matriarch|
|Mod Alex||Necromancer’s Tower graphical update|
I can forgive the lack of patch notes this week as all of the projects that the mods are working on sound absolutely amazing. I can not wait to sink my teeth into this new content as soon as it is all released. For now, I am going to continue to work on the Parcels From The Dead event whilst it is still active!