Once you beat Pokemon X and Pokemon Y (and enter the Hall of Fame), visit the Battle Institute in Lumiose City, located on the North Boulevard. Once there, you’ll pit your strongest Pokemon against five computer-controlled Trainers. From there, the Institute will evaluate your skill, and you’ll win prizes.
You’re free to select Pokemon from your party or Battle Box. It works like this: three Pokemon for Single Battles and four for Double Battles. That said, no two Pokemon can hold the same item. When finished, check your stats at the PC.
Here are the Battle Institute Rewards:
Beginner Rank (0-999): You’ll acquire 3 BP and either Muscle Wing, Resist Wing, Health Wing, Genius Wing, Swift Wing or Clever Wing.
Novice Rank (1,000-1,999): You’ll get 5 BP and either Muscle Wing, Resist Wing, Clever Wing, Genius Wing, Health Wing or Swift Wing.
Normal Rank (2,000-2,999): Nab 7 BP and either Muscle Wing, Health Wing, Genius Wing, Resist Wing, Clever Wing or Swift Wing.
Super Rank (3,000-3,999): A whopping 9 BP and either Protein, Iron, Calcium, Zinc, HP Up or Carbos.
Hyper Rank (4,000-4,999): Pick up 11 BP and either Iron, Protein, Zinc, Calcium, Carbos or HP Up.
Elite Rank (5,000-5,999): Score 13 BP and either Calcium, Protein, Iron, Zinc, Carbos or HP Up.
Master Rank (6,000 points or more): The ultimate, 15 BP and PP Up.
Now we have tips for getting a high score at the Battle Institute:
- Do not under any circumstances let your Pokemon faint.
- Confuse your opponent with a variety of moves.
- Frequently switch your Pokemon.
- Win matches with a lot of HP remaining.
- Beat your opponents in the fewest turns possible.
- Hit enemy Pokemon with super effective maneuvers.
- You cannot use items from your Bag during these battles.
- All of the Pokemon entering battles will be set to Level 50.
- Although you can’t quit a test in progress, you can always give up and run, but the Institute will treat it as a loss.
Finally, the following Pokemon cannot enter the Battle Institute for competition: Yveltal, Mewtwo, Phione, Reshiram, Meloetta, Mew, Lugia, Darkrai, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Palkia, Dialga, Manaphy, Giratina, Shaymin, Arceus, Zekrom, Kyurem, Victini, Keldeo, Genesect, Xerneas, Zygarde.
Now find out how to complete your Pokedex.