Overwatch 2, the free-to-play sequel to 2016’s hero shooter Overwatch, is constantly being updated and tweaked. Navigating everything from server issues to bug fixes, the need to balance over 30 characters in a competitive game can be a lot. Here are the lastest patch notes for Overwatch 2. The full list of fixes and changed can be found below.
Overwatch 2 October 13 Patch Notes: Full List of Fixes and Changes
These patch notes come directly from Overwatch’s official website. The patch launched on October 13 and mainly focuses on a bevy of bug fixes and stability improvements. After a full week, many players have hardly been able to play between the issues and downtime. This patch aims to improve the quality of life for players.
- Fixed an issue with the Report interface on console
- Fixed a bug on PlayStation involving the inability to purchase other items in the store after a refund of another item
- Fixed an issue where Legacy credits were not the default currency selected for purchases in the Hero Gallery
- Fixed a bug where some Heroic emotes/poses were incorrectly locked and priced
- Fixed items in the Hero Gallery that were not able to be purchased
- Fixed an issue with the Spectator Options and made clicking in that menu more responsive
- Resolved a bug with low resolution shop images displaying small on some platforms
- Fixed an issue that caused the entire client to appear out of focus
- Fixed a bug where Hero Unlock challenges were not incrementing properly in Total Mayhem
- Fixed the challenge ‘System-Wide Malfunction’ not correctly incrementing
- Fixed challenges ‘Classy Flex’ and ‘Flex Your Power’ not progressing while in a Group
- Fixed a bug with some Challenges not correctly showing up during the end of game flow
- Resolved a bug where leaving Skirmish could cause Challenge progress to be lost
- Fixed an issue where adjusting Render Scale to any value would cause graphical corruption
- Fixed a bug where depth of field would remain active in gameplay and leave your screen blurry
- Fixed a bug with camera placement in captured Highlights
- General Stability Updates
Since its launch, we’ve covered many breaking errors and server problems with Overwatch 2. The above notes focus on players’ many prominent issues, such as the blurry screen bug.
There are also a few competitive changes due to many players placing far below their warranted rank. Players were stuck at the lowest tier even if they won all seven of their placement matches.
- Many players were ranked too low during the first week of Overwatch 2, so we are implementing a boost as players continue to play games for those affected by this issue.
- Players who were ranked too low could have the feeling of being stuck in this rank. Moving forward, players should be able to climb the ranks in their first rank update assuming they’re supposed to be higher based on their performance.
- Players who haven’t ranked will not experience this issue after this patch.
- Numbani and Necropolis have been added back to their map pools
You will start to see Numbani and Necropolis show back up in their respective playlists. A bug prevented players from playing these maps across the board.
- No longer receives extra attack speed from Kiriko’s ultimate
- Resolved an issue where ‘Yokai’ achievement was unattainable
- Fixed a bug with Swift Step that could result in the player being placed under the terrain in some cases
We can’t believe they took away machine gun Zenyatta.
- Fixed an issue where Workshop Green Screen would load Workshop Island instead
- Fixed a bug where Night Workshop maps were loading daytime variants
Those are all the patch notes for Overwatch 2’s October 13, 2022 patch. Check out all of our other helpful Overwatch 2 guides, such as our hero counters guide.