Overwatch 2 has received another round of battle adjustments and other bug fixes. This patch coincides with eh ewn battle for Olympus limited-time event. Let’s break down all of the patch notes for Overwatch 2 in January 2023.
Overwatch 2 Battle for Olympus Patch Notes (January 2023)
First up, we have the new Battle for Olympus free for all mode allows eight players to go head-to-head with unique divine powers for seven different heroes.
- Adrenaline Rush (Passive)
- Now heals for the remaining wound damage when an enemy dies with wounds on them
- Cooldown is now reduced by 2 seconds for each enemy it impacts
- Jagged Blade
- Thrown impact damage reduced from 80 to 50
- Thrown direct impacts now add a 30 damage wound to the stuck target. Stacks with wounds caused by Quick Melee or returning Jagged Blade hits.
Junker Queen’s adjustments seem to fall in line with making her abilities stand out without making her a tank that deals incredibly high damage, but rather someone who depends on her toolkit.
- Energy (Passive)
- Energy degeneration reduced from 2.2 to 2 per second
- Delay before energy degeneration begins after gaining energy increased from 1 to 2 seconds
Simple balance adjustment to make Zarya play more consistently.
- Barrier Shield
- Health increased from 250 to 300
- Biotic Orb
- Dealing damage with Biotic Orb now restores a small amount of Biotic Energy
That’s all of the hero adjustments for this patch. Most of the major adjustments were pushed forward to the mid-December patch, and the Roadhog adjustments will be coming in late January according to Aaron Keller.
Some General Fixes were also put in the January patch. Nothing major, but some smoothing out of bugs and animations.
- Fixed a bug with Souvenirs being incorrectly placed on Ramattra
- Fixed an issue with Kiriko’s Ofuda displaying black textures during her Whirlwind emote
- Fixed an issue with Reaper’s animations when ending his ‘Take a knee’ emote
- Resolved an issue with placeable abilities (turrets, mines) floating after the destructible environment they were placed on was destroyed
- Fixed an issue that resulted in some users seeing a black screen as their Main Menu background
- Fixed a bug that caused “Group Up” to say “I’m on my way” in unintended circumstances.
- Fixed an issue on some consoles that resulted in blurry graphics
- Fixed an issue where some players were not able to invite across certain consoles
- Fixed some performance issues in the Hero Gallery on Console platforms
- Resolved an issue where Daily Challenges were not rolling over for some users
- Fixed an issue where the end-of-game ‘DRAW’ text would not appear for players if a colorblind setting was active
- Resolved an issue with ‘Invite to Custom Game’ not appearing as an option in the Social Menu
- Fixed some areas that allowed players to escape the map boundaries
- Fixed some areas where players could become stuck
- Fixed some areas where some abilities could be ‘eaten’ by the environment
- Fixed lighting and geometry in several areas across the map
Nothing huge on this front, just some standard bug fixes for both of these maps.
- Fixed an issue where Bastion’s sound effects could loop at the location of death
- Fixed an issue where Bastion’s whole screen would turn yellow when healed by a Brigitte Repair Pack
- Fixed a bug with Swift Step in Capture the Flag that would send the Flag to the destination instead of dropping it where the ability was activated
- Fixed Mercy’s Guardian Angel sometimes allowing her to escape Ramattra’s Ravenous Vortex
- Fixed an issue with missing assets on Ramattra’s Hero Information page
- Fixed an issue with Ramattra’s Primary Fire effects not displaying the correct amount of projectiles for other players
- Ramattra should now play rumble effects on gamepads/controllers
- Ramattra can no longer have more than one barrier active at a time. Note: This could not happen in standard modes, only Custom Game or modes with low cooldowns
- Fixed an issue where Pulse Bomb would not damage Tracer if it was ‘Stuck’ to an enemy
If any of these bugs have been bothering you during matches, luckily they all seem to be addressed in this patch.
Well, that’s everything included in the Overwatch 2 January 2023 patch. Check out all of the earnable cosmetics in the Battle for Olympus event.