Marvel Snap developers consistently bring new content to the (virtual) table of this (virtual) card game, keeping it fresh and challenging. The location that we have gotten this time around is Vormir. Vormir is a dominion of death in Marvel lore. It appeared in Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame, and that’s where Thanos obtained the Soul Stone.
The location works very similarly to how it worked in the movie, and Prima Games will deliver some tips on how to use this Location to your benefit.
What Does Vormir Do in Marvel Snap?
“The first card you play here is destroyed.” Basically, you need to give up something you love (of course, you love all the cards in your deck, or you wouldn’t place them in it) to be able to play your other cards on the Location.
Note: This doesn’t apply to cards that are generated on the Location through other means.
How to Play Around Vormir in Marvel Snap
Vormir is perhaps tricky to play around if you have the wrong deck, but here is a list of some cards that are great with Vormir:
- Rock or Vibranium
- Nova (which kind of forces you to leave the Location open and play off-curve)
- Bucky Barnes (brilliant drop)
- Wolverine (brilliant drop)
- Scarlet Witch (her effect applies before the effect of the Location)
- Sabretooth (brilliant drop)
- White Tiger (effect remains, so it’s a great last resort play if you have nothing else to sacrifice for it)
- Any 0 or 1-Cost (maybe even 2-Cost) card that does something cool and then you don’t need it anymore, not limited to but including:
- Agent 13
- Squirrel Girl
- Iron Fist
- Mister Sinister
- Electro (ok, this is too far now, but dodging that Ongoing effect is brutal)
If you have Death in your Deck, it should benefit a bit from this Location.