One of the more hidden aspects of Remnant 2 is the ability to unlock new Archetypes. These new Archetypes provide you with new abilities to use against your foes, along with new passives that can further bolster your strength in battles. Some of these Archetypes are easy to get, being shop items that can be taken to Wallace in Ward 13. Others have rather unique ways of unlocking their Engrams. Here’s how to unlock the Gunslinger Archetype in Remnant 2.
How to Get the Gunslinger in Remnant 2
To unlock the Gunslinger in Remnant 2, you’ll first need the Worn Cylinder. To get it, head to Ward 13 and speak with Mudtooth. Select the option “I had some questions.” followed by “Can you tell me a/another story?”. This will send him on a wild ramble about some sort of past story that you have to ponder the truth behind.
Regardless, we suggest skipping his dialogue unless you want an early sleep tonight. The point is that you’ll want to go through his stories. After enough times, he’ll give you a Worn Cylinder as a thanks for “listening” to his rambles. Take this Worn Cylinder to Wallace at the docks and spend the necessary resources to snag yourself the Iron Cylinder Engram. Slot this into either the Prime or Secondary Archetype slot, and you’ll be off to the races!
What Does the Gunslinger Archetype Do in Remnant 2?
The Gunslinger’s abilities and perks all center around this idea of managing your ammo and dishing out some nice damage. Its Prime Perk (which is only active when the Gunslinger is your Prime Archetype) gives infinite ammo for a short duration upon using any Gunslinger skill. The skills and perks you get are as follows:
- Quick Draw: Pull out your trusty side piece and unload up to six Critical Shots from the hip. Each shot deals x base damage and double stagger value.
- Sidewinder: Calls upon the power of the Desert Sidewinder snake to increase ADS Movement Speed and Draw/Swap Speed by 50%. Cycling weapons will automatically reload incoming Firearms. Lasts 12s.
- Bulletstorm: Unleashes the full power and speed of the Gunslinger. Increases Fire Rate by 20% and Reload Speed by 50% of all ranged weapons. Single Shot weapons becoming fully automatic, with kills instantly reloading the current weapon. Instead of being fully automatic, Bows and Crossbows gain 15% Critical Chance and 50% increased Projectile Speed. Lasts 48s.
- Sleight of Hand: Using a Relic reloads equipped Firearm and increases Ranged Damage by 15% for 10 seconds.
- Quick Hands: Firearms gain 10% Reload Speed. Bonus is doubled if magazine is empty.
- Posse Up: Ammo pickups award 30% additional ammo per player with the bonus split equally among teammates. Causes Ammo Box to drop additional ammo on the ground.
- Swift Shot: Gain x Fire Rate, x Ranged Damage, and x Crit Chance for all firearms. Fire Rate and Damage increases with Gunslinger Level.
As for the Archetype trait, you’ll get Ammo Reserves, which increases your Ammo Reserves by a certain amount based on the Trait’s level. At max, you’ll get 50% increased ammo. As Gunslinger is one of my favorite Archetypes in Remnant 2, I suggest running the Quick Draw skill since Sidewinder is a mediocre improvement. Bullestorm is a close second if you find Quick Draw not doing what you need it to.
If you’re curious to find out more about the game, check out our guide on what the Bulwark stat is in Remnant 2.