Tiem to grind out some holiday cosmetics. Here’s how to start the Midwinter Blight event in Diablo 4.
How to Start Diablo 4 Midwinter Blight Christmas Event
The Midwinter Blight lets you sink your blades, magic, and skeleton harem into an army of festive monsters. If you can call skull-clad fiends festive, anyway. The Midwinter Blight Event will run from December 12 until January 2.
And to start off Midwinter Blight, you’ll need to get ready to do a little traversing.
First, head to the main city in Sanctuary, Kyovashad. Just to the left of the Waypoint will be the Midwinter Square.
This Square is where you’ll find Gileon, the event vendor. Speak with Gileon, and he’ll give you the Event Quest, ‘The Midwinter Blight’. This quest will prompt you to exchange Midwinter Materials for a Midwinter Proof.
How Does the Midwinter Blight Event Work in Diablo 4? – Answered
The Midwinter Blight event offers an assortment of rewards that can be purchased by getting Midwinter Proofs. These Proofs can be converted from Midwinter Blight Resources at the Midwinter Square in Kyovashad.
To get Midwinter Blight Resources, you’ll need to kill specific enemies or interact with specific totems in the purple-colored areas of the map.
So, to summarize:
- Kill Event Monsters to get Event Resources.
- Trade Event Resources for Midwinter Proofs.
- Use Midwinter Proofs to purchase Event Rewards from Gileon.
How to Get Midwinter Blight Resources in Diablo 4
There are three types of Midwinter Resources: Blighted Fragments, Lost Heirlooms, and Red-Cloak trophies. Each can be obtained from monsters that spawn in the purple-colored section of the Sanctuary map, similar to Helltides.
Here are the monsters that drop each resources:
- Blighted Fragments – Slay Blightfiends.
- Lost Heirlooms – Interact with Frigid Husks.
- Red-Cloaked Trophy – Kill the Red-Cloaked Horror. Red-Cloaked Horrors have a chance to spawn if you complete the Mastery challenge for the Blighted Revelry event.