You got to this article because you’re having trouble with your DualSense controller, can’t pair it with your console, or are experiencing any other kind of issue. Don’t worry, we have a solution so you will be able to successfully connect your controller again. Read through our guide below to learn some ways to reset the PS5 DualSense controller.
How to Reset your PS5 Controller
There are two ways to reset your troublesome DualSense controller. For starters, there is a soft reset:
- Turn off the PlayStation 5 by holding down the power button on the console.
- Try turning on the console by pressing the PS button on the controller.
- If that doesn’t work, turn on the console by holding the same power button.
If you have any other problems with the controller that are not related to the connection with the console, you can go to Accessories in Settings to turn off the controller, and then turn it on again by pressing the PS button.
If none of the above has resolved your DualSense issues, it’s time to do a factory reset. To do a factory reset on the PlayStation 5 controller, follow the steps below:
- Turn off the PlayStation 5 with the power button
- Unplug the controller if it was connected with a USB cable
- Locate the small hole on the back of the DualSense controller
- You will need a straightened paper clip, needle, toothpick, or any pointy object with which you will press the small button in the hole and hold it down for 5 seconds
- The controller will be reset to factory settings
- Now connect the USB-C cable to the PS5 console and when you turn it on, hold down the PS button to connect the controller to the console
- After this, you can disconnect the cable
If the factory reset did not help either, it is possible that your DualSense controller has hardware problems and you may have to send it into Sony for servicing or buy a new one.
For more PlayStation 5 stuff here on Prima Games, check out PlayStation 5 Has Sold 13.4 Million units In Less Than A Year, and Knights Of The Old Republic Remake Announced As A Timed-Exclusive For PlayStation 5