Suika Game, also known as the Watermelon Game, is a simple game at its core. You drop fruits into a box, watch them merge into bigger fruit, and try to get as high a score as possible. However, figuring out where to play it and its strategies is more challenging than it may seem, so we’re here to help you along the way.
Let’s learn how to play Suika Game (Watermelon Game) and explore some tips and tricks for getting a new high score.
Suika Game (Watermelon Game) Guide – Where to Play
Suika Game, also called the Watermelon Game, is available on PC and Nintendo Switch. If you’re on PC, you can play it through the official Suika Game website. However, the Nintendo Switch version is a full, paid version that requires owning either a Japanese or United States Nintendo account.
How to Play Suika Game (Watermelon Game) on Nintendo Switch
Since its release, the Nintendo Switch version of Suika Game was only available through the Nintendo eShop if you had a Japanese account. However, as of October 20, 2023, it is now available through the US eShop for $2.99.
Below is a complete step-by-step to playing Suika Game on Nintendo Switch through the Japanese eShop:
- Create a Japanese Nintendo account by registering for a new account and entering your details.
- When choosing your country, pick Japan.
- Find and enter your email verification code to make the account.
- Enter your Switch System settings and go to Users before adding your new account.
- Sign in and link your new Nintendo account to add it to your Nintendo Switch.
Once you sign into your new account, you can access the Japanese eShop to buy and play Suika Game’s full version.
Tips and Tricks to Playing Suika Game (Watermelon Game)
At its core, Watermelon Game requires you to drop fruits into a space on your screen, combining them to create larger fruit. Your objective is to get as many points as possible, eventually making a massive watermelon.
Below are some tips and tricks for getting as many points as possible:
- Merge your fruits! You’ll lose the game if the box fills up and your fruits spill over, so combine your fruits to clear space.
- Fruits jump! As you merge fruits, they’ll bounce slightly, causing surrounding fruits to jump. In many cases, this leads to them flying out of your box, losing you the game. Be careful when combining fruits so you can avoid this happening.
- Create combos! If you want to maximize your score, place your fruits carefully so you can create chain reactions.
- Patience is key. One wrong move can cause a rogue cherry or apple to fly out of your box, so be careful where you place your fruits.
Good luck getting the highest score possible in Suika Game!
Suika Game, also known as the Watermelon Game, is available to play on PC and Nintendo Switch.