The job system in Octopath Traveler 2 is a little different from its predecessors. No longer do we have to beg statues that are imbued with the power of sleeping, defeat gods to learn how to cast spells, or to hit someone really hard with a sword. However, there is also a new job lurking about. Here is how to get the Inventor Job in Octopath Traveler 2.
How to Get the Inventor Job in Octopath Traveler 2
One of the earliest secondary jobs you can get, which is outside of the usual eight, is the Inventor.
To get the Inventor Job, you need to head to the Inventor Guild Location on Eastern New Delsta Highroad. The easiest way to get there is to start from New Delsta, head right into the Eastern New Delsta Highroad, then head up. You might be tempted to go all the way up into a new screen, but do not. Follow the path until it skews right, and it will eventually end outside of a log cabin.
Enter, and you will meet the eccentric genius Arkar. Arkar has forged quite a few interesting contraptions, which range from the catapult to the ill-fated moon shoes of the 1990’s that were known for causing ankle fractures.
Related: How to Farm Cait in Octopath Traveler 2
Listen to him, and he will forcibly draft you into becoming his apprentice. Thus, giving you the chance to switch into the Inventor Job.
All Inventor Skills in Octopath Traveler 2
The Inventor has an interesting assortment of skills. They are:
- Changeable Catapult – Unleash an attack on all foes with a selected weapon.
- Springy Boots – Cause a singly ally to act first for 5 turns from the next turn.
- Critical Scope – Turn all damage dealt to a single foe into critical damage for 4 turns.
- Elemental Bomb Bottle – Deal the same type of damage as a single foe’s exposed elemental weak point 2 time.
- Tin Horn – Fill the latent power gauge of all allies.
- Hastening Hammer – Unleash a highly powerful physical attack on a single foe, and reduce the crafting time of an invention by 1.
- Arkar’s Coil – Restores 40% of a single ally’s HP and SP and grant them 1 BP. Incapacitated allies will also be revived.
- All-Purpose Tool – Begin crafting all inventions.
All Support Skills for the Inventor in Octopath Traveler 2
- A Step Ahead – The equipping character will act first at the start of battle. (4 skills required)
- Upgraded Accessories – Raises the attributes of the equipping character’s accessories. (5 skills required)
- BP in Adversity – Grants the equipping character 2 BP when near death. (6 skills required)
- Fruits of Labor – Raises the physical defense and elemental defense of the equipping character by 1 for every job skill learned. (7 skills required)
Important to note, unlocking skills for the Inventor is a little more complicated than other jobs. You cannot just grind out JP, you will need to bring Arkar certain materials. If you want to know what those materials are, check out our guide here.