If you’re looking to explore the new Brimstone Sands update in New World, it makes sense that you’re also interested in getting new materials. While a resource like Sandstone isn’t too hard to find, Sulfur is another challenge. Rather than seeing it in abundance all around the area, you’ll have to travel to specific places to find it. If you’re interested in learning more, continue reading to discover how to get Sulfur in New World.
How to Get Sulfur in New World
Sulfur is a resource exclusive to New World’s newest region, Brimstone Sands. It comes in two forms: Sulfur, the crafting material, and Sulfur chunks. You’ll find Sulfur chunks from mining Brimstone ore nodes which require at least Mining level 130 to gather.
When you first enter Brimstone Sands, there’s a chance you’ll die instantly and be unable to explore the region. If this happens, make sure you meet the following requirements:
- Complete the “A Selfless Nature” Main Story quest in Edengrove
- Finish “Strider of the Sands”
How to Get Sulfur Chunks
Once you meet these requirements, you can begin exploring Brimstone Sands. From here, there are a few specific regions to explore to find Brimstone ore nodes:
- Pools of Orcus: One of the best places to find Brimstone to mine Sulfur is all around the Pools of Orcus. You’ll find numerous ore nodes to mine from throughout this area. You can also travel southwest to New Thermopylae for more spots.
- Baths of Mercury: Around the small bodies of water in this location are various Brimstone ore nodes. Since there are six bodies of water, be sure to look around them all!
- Sopdu Hot Springs: Along the main, northern pool are a few Brimstone ore spawns. As you travel south and find more water pools, you’ll begin to spot a few more.
- The Acropolis: You’ll find a few Brimstone ore nodes in the southern half of this area. While it isn’t nearly as abundant as other areas, it’s a decent spot if you’re conveniently in the area or are competing with other players to find some.
- Heka’s Cauldron: Since it is a relatively small pool compared to other sources above, you won’t find a lot of Brimstone here. However, it’s a good spot if you’re passing by the area and want to pick up some materials.
How to Craft Sulfur Using Sulfur Chunks
As you start breaking Brimstone nodes, you’ll pick up Sulfur chunks. Upon getting some, you can bring them to a Smelter to make into Sulfur. For every Sulfur you make, you’ll need five chunks and some Flux. You also need at least 60 Smelting to create it. From here, you can use it in crafting to your heart’s content.
For more information about each location, you can also check out the New World Resource Locator Map.