The primary goal of Rust isn’t survival; it’s unlocking the ability to raid your neighbor without fear of repercussion. For that end game, you need a few key components, like Gun Powder, Sulfur, explosives, and high-tier firearms that can put any clan in its place. Here’s how to get Gun Powder in Rust so that you can start raiding every two-by-one base on the map!
Where to Get Gun Powder in Rust
There are multiple ways to acquire Gun Powder in Rust, including crafting, looting, and recycling.
- Crafting: You need Charcoal, Sulfur, and a Tier 1 Workbench. To farm Sulfur, keep an eye out for Sulfur Ore, which is the rock with a yellow tint. They can be found all across the map but spawn more often in mountains and snow biomes.
- Looting: Some servers increase the loot table and make more items available in crates and barrels. On a modded server, it’s within the realm of possibility to loot Gun Powder while farming the roads and monuments. On all servers—official and modded—Gun Powder will spawn inside of mines and within mine crates and carts. They have an 8% chance of spawning Gun Powder.
- Recycling: Various items in the game are recyclable, including ammunition, explosives, and resources. For Gun Powder, opt to recycle unwanted ammunition, like Shotgun Shells, Handmade Shells, and Pistol Ammo. Alternatively, you can recycle Smoke Grenades, which prove useless otherwise, to farm Gun Powder. You can buy Smoke Grenades for 5 Scrap from Outpost.
Rust Gun Powder Stats and Facts
If you cannot loot Gun Powder from the various barrels and crates scattered about the game world, it’s entirely possible to craft Gun Powder. For that, you need:
- 30 Charcoal
- 20 Sulfur
- Tier 1 Workbench (x500 Word, x100 Metal Fragments, x50 Scrap)
Furthermore, it takes two seconds to craft 10 Gun Powder. You’ll run through your available resources quickly!
Once you have a nice stockpile, you can craft:
- Ammunition: 12 Gauge Buckshot, 12 Gauge Slug, 5.56 Rifle Ammo, Explosive 5.56 Rifle Ammo, HV 5.56 Rifle Ammo, Incendiary 5.56 Rifle Ammo, Handmade Shell, Rocket, Incendiary Rocket, High-Velocity Rocket, Smoke Rock, Incendiary Pistol Ammo, HV Pistol Ammo
- Traps: Land Mines
- Tools: Survey Charges
- Weapons: F1 Grenade, Beancan Grenade
If you enjoyed this Rust guide from Prima Games, take your survival experience to the next level with our Rust: Arctic Research Base Loot Guide!