Sailors occasionally mistook the svelte, alabaster figure of Dewgong as a mermaid cutting through the waves. It’s crazy what months out at sea will do to you. But now you get a pseudo-mermaid for yourself in Pokemon GO. Here’s how to get and beat Dewgong in Pokemon GO
How to Get and Beat Dewgong in Pokemon GO
Dewgong has been part of Pokemon GO for quite some time, but for those who are landlocked it’s quite a rare Pokemon to encounter. No one expects to see a Dewgong flopping around in Albuquerque, right?
But for a limited time, Dewgong is featuring in 3-Star Raids at gym near you. And if you bring in the right Pokemon, you can even take down this sea lion by yourself. Here’s everything you need to know to beat Dewgong.
Dewgong Pokemon Go Counters and Weakneses
Dewgong is an Ice- and Water-Type Pokemon, which means that it has quite a few weaknesses and only a handful of resistances.
Pokemon that are particularly strong against it are those with the following types:
- Rock (x 1.6)
- Electric (x 1.6)
- Grass (x 1.6)
- Fighting (x 1.6)
While many of the best Pokemon to bring out against Dewgong are Mega or Shadow, it’s not necessary to bring this sea lion down. Just bring the best Pokemon you can. The list below goes from strongest options to weakest.
- Mega Blaziken with Counter and Focus Blast
- Kartana with Razor Leaf and Leaf Blade
- Terrakion with Double Kick and Sacred Sword
- Mega Manectric with Thunder Fang and Wild Charge
- Xurkitree with Spark and Discharge
- Shadow Electivire with Thunder Shock and Wild Charge
- Shadow Machamp with Counter and Dynamic Punch
- Shadow Raikou with Volt Switch and Wild Charge
- Mega Sceptile with Fury Cutter and Frenzy Plant
- Lucario with Counter and Aura Sphere
- Zekrom with Charge Beam and Fusion Bolt
- Shadow Luxray with Spark and Wild Charge
- Rampardos with Smack Down and Rock Slide
While you’re out hunting Pokemon, be on the lookout for potential Ditto!: All Ditto Disguises in Pokemon GO.