Lightsabers have returned to Fortnite for the May the 4th event, and players can once again find one of the most iconic weapons in modern media strewn around the map. If you are in the mood to pretend you are a Jedi or just like getting up close and personal with your enemies, you are in luck.
Where to find a Lightsaber in Fortnite
Lightsabers can be found in chests all over the map or may even spawn as ground loot. They will appear as Mythic items with a bright golden shine. There are four different types available, although they all perform the same. Kylo Ren, Luke Skywalker, and Mace Windu all see their Lightsaber return, but Rey’s has been replaced with Obi-Wan’s to celebrate the upcoming series.
Lightsabers are interesting in that they can both block and deal damage to enemies, much like in the movies. They can also perform quick striking combos that will quickly eliminate other players or cut through structures.
You can find the rest of the May the 4th quests below:
- Land at a Stormtrooper Checkpoint, then place top 25
- Complete a bounty from a Stormtrooper
- Block hits using a Lightsaber
- Damage opponents within 30 meters using the E-11 Blaster Rifle
- Drive a vehicle from Chonker’s Speedway or Logjam Lumberyard to a Stormtrooper Checkpoint
- Survive storm phases while carrying a Lightsaber