Most live-service games have a variety of issues that affect users, and even more so when they’re MMOs. New World, Amazon Game Studios’ swing at the massively multiplayer genre, is no exception – many players remember the troubles of its first few weeks after launch. One common error that some players are met with when trying to launch the game is the “Product Information not found” error, usually in the form of a Windows popup, that forces the game closed. If you’re having trouble logging on to New World, keep reading to learn how to fix the ‘No Product Information Found’ error.
How To Fix New World ‘No Product Information Found’ Error
The ‘No Product Information Found’ error is mostly due to compatibility issues with your operating system. New World does not support Windows 7 or 8, so upgrading to Windows 10 is a must. Additionally, players should make sure that they have the latest Windows 10 updates installed.
An important note: New World cannot run on a Windows Preview Insider build. According to AGS Customer Support, players should roll back to a stable build of Windows 10 if they are still encountering this error.
If your Windows 10 build is fully updated and you’re still having trouble, you can try the following options to help remedy this error:
- Turning IPv6 Off
- From the Start/Windows Menu, select settings.
- Select Network and Internet.
- In the Status section, under change your network settings, select Change adapter options.
- When the Network Connections window opens, right-click your network connection.
- Select properties.
- Scroll to Internet Protocol version 6.
- Uncheck the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TPC/IPv6) box.
- Select OK to save your changes for the selected network adapter.
- Try launching the game again.
- Restart your computer
- Reinstall New World
If this guide was helpful, make sure to check out our other guides on New World and more here at Prima Games.