As a Soulslike, Lords of the Fallen features several challenging boss fights. The first is Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal – a cool name for a boss but an absolute pain of a fight overall. She’s tough, moves quickly, and spawns magical aid throughout the fight. You can summon help, and I recommend swallowing your pride and doing so. Here is how to beat Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal, in Lords of the Fallen.
How to Beat Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal in LotF
Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal, is positioned perfectly in the game. She’s about two zones in, give or take, and has allowed you some breathing room to learn the game’s combat mechanics. That said, even with the experience you have to this point, Pieta will defeat you many times over before you nail down her move set and spells.
- As a Radiant-type boss, Pieta is highly resistant to Radiance magic and weapon effects, so don’t waste your Holy Salts. Instead, use Fire Salts, as she is weak to fire damage.
- Do not hesitate to summon an ally, The Ironer Wayfarer, before entering the boss arena. He’s an absolute boon that draws some of the attention off you and deals modest damage. While she’s focused on him, you can close the distance and hit her from behind. However, be wary. Some of her attacks swipe in arcs that hit behind her, too.
- Lastly, consider increasing your Vitality to improve survivability. You want additional health and stamina, so don’t hesitate to grind a little before the boss fight.
As for her attacks, Pieta has two phases. She’ll start by walking around the arena on foot, dealing damage with her sword and the occasional Radiant spell. But about halfway through her health pool, she will sprout glorious red wings and take to the skies. In this second phase, Pieta is far stronger and faster, so avoid her summons and spells to the best of your ability.
Her key attacks include:
- Beams of Radiant magic.
- An arena-wide swipe attack that ends with magical swords raining down upon the center.
- An overhead strike that explodes with magic damage.
- Two summons that strike from by her side.
Try to keep moving! Pieta is quite mobile and will close the distance on her own, but also chooses to leap back to the opposite side of the arena to cast spells. Dodge, and land hits whenever an opening arises to take her down.
Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal Boss Fight Rewards
Upon defeating Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal in Lords of the Fallen, you will receive the following rewards:
- 6,000 Vigor.
- 1 Vestige Seed.
- 8 Umbral Scouring.
Afterward, if you choose to Soul Flay the Stigma in the arena, you will receive:
- 2 Umbral Scouring.
- 1 Remembrance of Pieta, She of Blessed Renewal.
Bring the Remembrance of Pieta to Molhu in Skyrest Bridge to unlock Pieta’s weapon and armor set.
Now that you’ve beaten Pieta, give yourself a fighting chance by learning about all of the Upgrade Materials in Lords of the Fallen and how to use them.