Overwatch 2 may be less about countering enemy heroes than its predecessor, but it’s a game that still thrives on counterplay, through character choice or not. You can implement a lot of strategies to outplay your opponents, but having a character that can strike at another’s weaknesses easily will net you a much easier victory. One character has torn the competition up since their release, though has a few clearly defined counters. Here’s how to counter Ramattra in Overwatch 2.
The Best Ramattra Counters in Overwatch 2
Out of every way you could possibly counter Ramattra, there’s one weakness that’s clearly defined: his range. While his primary fire can hit enemies from far away, the slow projectile speed makes this method a little pointless. His Nemesis Form is also very short range, making anything that can outrange him or escape his Nemesis Form very strong. He’s also strong against shields, so we won’t be including those kinds of tanks.
- Everyone’s favorite MEKA pilot has several ways she can deal with Ramattra. Her Defense Matrix can eat many of his shots, and her boosters let her get a quick evade when Nemesis Form or Annihilation is whipped out. She can suffer a little from his Vortex, but her other strengths more than makeup for it.
- The spear lady has a ton of ways of dealing with Ramattra. If he dares pull out his Nemesis Form, running him down with the spinning javelin or javelin itself. Her Fortify also lets her hold the frontline for quite a while. Both her and D.va do require your team to bring out the damage, but you’re going to get that no matter what tank you play.
- Given that Ramattra suffers from long-distance, it should come as no surprise that Widow is a strong pick against him. Since he has no way of contesting her, it’s up to the rest of the team to find ways to handle her. In the right situations, she can wipe the floor with the enemy team.
- Having an eye in the sky can really help to bring Ramattra to his knees. Not only can you send out endless rockets from a safe distance, but your Concussive Blast can knock him away should he be causing your team trouble. Just make sure the enemy isn’t running several hitscan characters (Cassidy, Soldier 76, Ana, etc.).
- Being able to provide safe healing from a distance has its benefits, but it isn’t the only reason to run him against Ramattra. Having that Immortality Field can work wonders for allies being bombarded by his punches, and Annihilation’s killing potential gets immediately stopped in its tracks.
- The mad scientist doctor has plenty of tools of her own to take Ramattra down. Given her main method of attack has some range, it’s hard for Ramattra to really focus her down, not to mention the ability to just completely fade out. Provided your team can dish out the damage and peel, she’s a great choice.
Related: How to Counter Orisa in Overwatch 2
Provided you keep these principles in place, and possibly these heroes, you shouldn’t have as much issue taking down Ramattra. That is unless he runs down the rest of your team in the process.