Choosing a character you enjoy playing is important in Overwatch 2, but choosing a character that can counter another is even more important. Sure, you could play Pharah into Soldier: 76 for example, though chances are due to the counter that you’re not going to have a good time. Countering a tank like Orisa is equally important, and is surprisingly easy once you understand her kit fully. Here’s how to counter Orisa in Overwatch 2.
The Best Characters to Play Against Orisa in Overwatch 2
Before we begin, we want to make it clear that our support counters are not going to be designed to take her on by any stretch. They are merely supports who can best deal with her and help their team dispatch her as quickly as possible. With that out of the way, here are the best counter characters:
- Perhaps the easiest to counter Orisa of all tanks, D.va can completely stop an Orisa in her tracks. Her Defense Matrix eats everything the Orisa can throw at her, and her Boosters can easily dodge out of Orisa’s Terra Surge. Provided the enemy team isn’t running damage characters to counter you, this will be your best bet.
- For similar reasons, Zarya is another great tank to take Orisa down. Her bubbles can eat a lot of her firepower, while her beam goes straight through Orisa’s block. Best of all, two well-placed bubbles can save two people from dying to Terra Surge. What more could you want?
- The double shotgun powerhouse himself can decimate an Orisa at close-range. Despite having her fortify to soak up damage, the pellets will still tear her apart combined with the fade to easily escape Terra Surge. He’s always been the ideal tank killer, and Orisa is no different.
- Despite her primary fire doing decent damage at range, Orisa is almost no match for a solid Pharah. Outranging her nullifies half her kit, and Javelin is incredibly difficult to throw at someone so far away. Provided Pharah keeps her distance, Orisa should be a non-issue.
- The kunai titan strikes again, with abilities that can help her and her teammates quickly escape Orisa’s clutches. Swift Step is ideal for a Kiriko if she has a team to get away too, while Protection Suzu gives the middle finger to an Orisa’s ultimate.
- The Haitian support can do incredibly well against Orisa for several reasons. While his weapon allows him to maintain a more than safe distance from her, a Terra Surge is hopeless against an Immortality Field. Throw one out, and no one dies. Simple as that.
Related: Overwatch 2 Counters Guide: All Hero Counters in Overwatch 2 (January 2023)
While other characters can do well against Orisa, we feel these six will provide a great starting point and should make the matter of dealing with her a lot easier. As long as you assess the situation appropriately, you should do just fine.