While most characters in Overwatch 2 are accurately balanced, there will always be those select few characters who give you a massive headache. Whether it be their abilities countering your favorite character or simply having a kit that goes against your playstyle, there are always those few. That’s why running some counters can let you get that sweet payback, but you need to know the correct counter characters first. Here’s how to counter Baptiste in Overwatch 2.
The Best Counters for Baptiste in Overwatch 2
Baptiste’s signature ability, which tends to bring people the most headaches, is his Immortality Field. While it’s on a long cooldown, this can easily turn the fight by saving a teammate being dove on by a Genji or Tracer. It also needs to be focused, which completely eliminates the strengths of a dive. With this in mind, we want characters who can easily handle the field while not being extremely hampered by it.
- While Rein’s whole spiel is to get in there and deal as much damage as possible, he makes a formidable opponent for any Baptiste. Thanks to his shield, he can keep himself safe while his team takes down the pesky Immortality Field. He can’t chase a jumping Baptiste too well, but in a coordinated team, he’s a good call.
- Everyone’s favorite large Australian man can be a devastating opponent for a Baptiste to deal with. Simply throw a hook onto someone in Immortality Field and watch as they fear, knowing full and well that they’re screwed. It’s equally hilarious and powerful, not even including how a jumpy Baptiste can be yanked straight out of the air.
- Sombra finds her greatest strength against enemies who rely on their abilities for survival, and Baptiste is a prime example of a hero that relies on their abilities. One quick hack can be the difference between an enemy’s survival or swift death, making her a strong candidate for handling Bap.
- The thing with most Baptiste players is that they will always wait until their teammate has taken significant damage before throwing down Immortality Field. Provided the map layout makes sense, Widow can seriously mess up a Baptiste’s day. Just try to land those headshots, or your job will become considerably more annoying.
- Do you want to ruin a Baptiste’s day? Chuck a Biotic Grenade into his Immortality Field and watch his team quickly panic. The point of that field is to give him time to heal his teammates to full, and if he can’t do that, he’s merely delaying the inevitable. It’ll be hilarious too, as long as your team quickly follows up.
- This might seem like an out-of-the-blue call, but Moira’s greatest strength is escaping danger. If you’re dealing with a team who’s suddenly invulnerable or an Amplification Matrix aimed right at you, getting the distance to protect your team is sometimes the best option. You might be unable to save them all, but every little bit helps.
Related: How to Counter Orisa in Overwatch 2
While this is far from all the characters that are best to play against Baptiste, we hope this at least provides a solid framework to take him on yourself. Be sure to experiment, and let us know if you find any better characters for taking him down. While you’re here, check out our guide on countering Zarya.