The open world of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is massive and full of exotic regions that you can visit at different times of the day. And because the game has a complex time system, different times can also affect many in-game mechanics related to quests, mobs, and NPCs. To learn how to change the time of day in Xenoblade Chronicles 3, keep on reading.
How to Change the Time of Day in Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Changing the time of day in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 becomes available once you are done with the introduction and released into the world, sometime in early Chapter 2. There are two ways to change the time of day: from the menu and while fast traveling.
Changing the Time of Day From The Menu
- Enter the main menu in by pressing the X button.
- Select System.
- Choose Change Time (just below the Save option).
- Here, you will see a clock with an hour hand that you can move with the L and R buttons to go one hour forward or backward.
- Press A to confirm the time change.
Looking at the clock, you will see the sky and the sun’s position that corresponds to the selected time.
The other way to quickly change the time of the day is while fast traveling.
Changing the Time of Day with Fast Travel
- Open the map by going to the main menu from the game by pressing the X button.
- Find a Rest Spot or Landmark that you want to travel to.
- Before confirming Skip Travel, use the L and R buttons to select the time of the day.
Using this method won’t let you fine-tune the time by the hour – you can just quickly select from four presets representing dawn, noon, dusk, and night.
Now you know how to change the time of day and pass time in Xenoblade Chronicles 3, use it to your advantage – not just for experiencing the different atmosphere of the open world of Aionios, but to complete quests or speak to NPCs that are only available at a certain time of the day, etc.
For more Xenoblade Chronicles 3 here on Prima Games, check out Everything New in the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Expansion Pass, Does Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Require an Internet Connection to Play? – Answered and How to Take a Screenshot in Xenoblade Chronicles 3.