Whether you’re trying to complete the Something Extraordinary Special Research or you just want a quick training session, the option to battle a Team Leader in Pokémon GO is always on the table. But the feature is fairly well hidden, and many Trainers have no idea that these leaders can be battled.
The good news is that these battles can be done at any time, and there is no penalty for taking on your team mascots. They even offer up some versatile CP ranges so that you can test out your different teams in the GO Battle League. Keep reading to get a step-by-step guide on how to battle Team Leaders in Pokémon GO.
Pokémon GO – How to Battle a Team Leader
Opening up the option to battle a Team Leader is super simple once you know how to reach the feature. Keep in mind that you can run these battles as much as you want, and there are even rewards like a Sinnoh Stone here and there. Below you can find all of the steps to reach the training section.
How to Battle a Team Leader:
- Tap on the Poké Ball icon at the bottom center of the screen, which opens up the usual menus for Pokémon GO.
- Next, tap on the “Battle” icon at the top right to reach the GO Battle League section of the game.
- Here you’ll find all of the features and schedules for the GO Battle League, such as your stats and play options.
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, where you’ll find the “Training” section of the Battle tab.
- All three Team Leaders are listed, and once you tap on one of them, the option to battle will appear.
- Tap on the train option and select the CP range that you would like to train in.
Each of the Team Leaders will have Pokémon that match their aesthetic or main mascot. Candela, for example, will have some Fire-type Pokémon as expected, so countering teams shouldn’t prove too difficult. If you’re here for the Something Extraordinary Special Research, then you only need to take on these leaders three times in Pokémon GO.
And that’s all. For more of the latest news, updates, and guides, head over to the dedicated Pokémon GO section of our site.