Final Fantasy XIV just received another interim patch for its latest chapter of content – Buried Memory. Patch 6.28 brings job adjustments to both PvE and PvP modes, increasing effectiveness of several DPS jobs in end-game content while balancing many jobs that saw greatly increased win rates in Crystalline Conflict. Do you like buffs? Of course you do. Here’s all the potency changes, PvP adjustments, and more in Final Fantasy XIV’s 6.28 patch notes.
FFXIV Patch 6.28 – Battle System Changes
To reduce stress on tank and melee DPS jobs, the damage floor for most ranged DPS jobs has been increased. Machinist mains, rejoice.
|Fell Cleave||Potency has been increased from 470 to 490.|
|Upheaval||Potency has been increased from 360 to 370.|
|Lemure’s Slice||Potency has been increased from 200 to 220.|
|Plentiful Harvest||Potency has been changed from 520-800 to 720-1,000.|
|Communio||Potency has been increased from 1,000 to 1,100.|
|Empyreal Arrow||Potency has been increased from 200 to 230.|
|Heat Blast||Potency has been increased from 180 to 200.|
|Drill||Potency has been increased from 580 to 600.|
|Air Anchor||Potency has been increased from 580 to 600.|
|Wildfire||Potency for each weaponskill landed has been increased from 220 to 240.|
|Chain Saw||Potency has been increased from 580 to 600.|
|Foul||Potency has been increased from 560 to 600.|
|Xenoglossy||Potency has been increased from 760 to 800.|
|Enochian||Improvement to Enochian’s magic damage increase has been changed from 20% to 21%.|
|Fester||Potency has been increased from 300 to 340.|
|Inferno||Potency has been increased from 700 to 750.|
|Earthen Fury||Potency has been increased from 700 to 750.|
|Aerial Blast||Potency has been increased from 700 to 750.|
|Enchanted Riposte||Potency has been increased from 220 to 280.|
|Enchanted Zwerchhau||Potency has been increased from 100 to 150.|
Combo potency has been increased from 290 to 340.
|Enchanted Redoublement||Potency has been increased from 100 to 130.|
Combo potency has been increased from 470 to 500.
|Red Magic Mastery III||Now increases the potency of Enchanted Riposte, Enchanted Zwercchau, and Enchanted Redoublement.|
|Phlegma III||Potency has been increased from 510 to 600.|
FFXIV Patch 6.28 – PvP Job Adjustments
Adjustments were made to several jobs according to win rates in the highest tiers of Crystalline Conflict. Only potency changes were implemented in this patch, though Square Enix states that more significant changes are planned for patch 6.3.
Patch 6.28 also marks the end of Season Three and the beginning of Season Four of Crystalline Conflict.
|Eventide||Time required to fill the limit gauge has been increased.|
Potency has been changed from 10,000-20,000 to 6,000-24,000.
|Draw and Junction||While under the effect of Junction Healer, targets in the area of effect of certain actions will now be healed even when obstructed by objects on the field.|
|Nebula||Potency of damage reflected has been increased from 3,000 to 4,000.|
|Aurora||Regen potency has been increased from 3,000 to 4,000.|
|Relentless Rush||Relentless Shrapnel effect now also reduces target’s damage dealt by 4%.|
|Snap Punch||Potency has been increased from 5,000 to 6,000.|
|Demolish||Potency has been increased from 5,000 to 6,000.|
|Riddle of Earth||Recast time has been reduced from 30 to 25 seconds.|
|Shukuchi||Hidden effect duration has been reduced from 5 to 4 seconds.|
|Huton||Movement speed effect has been reduced.|
|Powerful Shot||Movement speed while casting has been increased.|
|Blast Charge||Movement speed while casting has been increased.|
|Bishop Autoturret||To improve clarity of the targeted area of effect, the ground targeting radius has been increased from 1m to 5m.|
|Aether Mortar||Duration of effect increasing target’s damage taken has been increased from 5 to 7 seconds.|
Barrier effect duration has been increased from 5 to 7 seconds.
|Honing Dance||Reduction to damage taken has been changed from 20% to 25%.|
|Soul Resonance||The Apocatastasis effect has been removed.|
|Ruin III||Potency has been increased from 4,000 to 5,000.|
|Astral Impulse||Potency has been increased from 6,000 to 7,500.|
|Fountain of Fire||Potency has been increased from 4,000 to 5,000.|
|Megaflare||Targets in the area of effect will now take damage even when obstructed by objects on the field.|
|Magick Barrier||HP recovered via healing actions has been reduced from 20% to 10%.|
Effect duration has been reduced from 10 to 8 seconds.
|Frazzle||Reduced HP recovery via healing actions has been changed from 20% to 10%.|
Effect duration has been reduced from 10 to 8 seconds.
Targets in the area of effect will now be affected even when obstructed by objects on the field.
|Afflatus Misery||Range has been reduced from 30 to 25 yalms.|
|Miracle of Nature||Range has been reduced from 15 to 10 yalms.|
|The Balance||The primary target and nearby party members in the area of effect will now be affected even when obstructed by objects in the field.|
|The Bole||The primary target and nearby party members in the area of effect will now be affected even when obstructed by objects in the field.|
|The Arrow||The primary target and nearby party members in the area of effect will now be affected even when obstructed by objects in the field.|
Related: FFXIV: How to Get The Skink Minion
FFXIV Patch 6.28 – New NA Data Center
A new logical data center has been implemented for the North American region.
- Dynamis – Data Center
- Halicarnassus – World
- Maduin – World
- Marilith – World
- Seraph – World
FFXIV Patch 6.28 – Resolved Issues
Several issues have been addressed in patch 6.28, including:
- An issue when undertaking the Omicron daily quests “Well Below Standard,” “A Fertile Blend,” and “Using Their Heads” wherein the icon next to quest objectives in the Duty List appeared green even when they were not completed.
- An issue in the Sil’dihn Subterrane variant dungeon wherein ground-targeted actions did not function properly when targeting certain locations during boss battles.
- An issue in PvP wherein players under the effect of Meteodrive inflicted by the monk action Meteodrive could still execute the action Purify.
- An issue in PvP wherein players under the effect of Hysteria inflicted by the reaper action Tenebrae Lemurum could still execute the action Purify.
- An issue in PvP wherein the Excogitation effect granted by the scholar action Seraph Flight was not immediately applied to party members.
- An issue in PvP wherein the Excogitation effect granted by the scholar action Seraph Flight did not immediately trigger when its requirements were met.
- An issue wherein players under the effect of Kardia or Kardion granted by the sage action Kardia could not be healed by the sage actions Eukrasian Dosis, Eukrasian Dosis II, and Eukrasian Dosis III.
- An issue on island sanctuary wherein players can reattempt to capture certain animals after failing under certain conditions.
- An issue wherein the graphics of the Practical Ponytail hairstyle did not display correctly when playing as a female Viera under certain conditions.
- An issue wherein the graphics of the Tall Tails hairstyle did not display properly when riding certain mounts.
- An issue when equipping the Manderville Axe wherein the graphics of the action Heavy Swing did not display properly in PvE or PvP under certain conditions.
- An issue on island sanctuary wherein gathering multiples of a single item would only count once toward the “Agri-culture” and “Mine Now” achievements.
- Other minor text issues have also been addressed.
For more information on Final Fantasy XIV, check out our other guides and tips here at Prima Games.