When EA updates their PGA Tour title, they ensure they’ve covered every blade of grass. In this post, I’ll be taking players through all the improvements to game modes, performance issues, what players’ outfits have been updated, and more.
Gameplay Issues Resolved in EA Sports PGA Tour
The gameplay fixes and enhancements for EA Sports PGA Tour Patch Note 7 are not as big as the previous season. In this season’s update, the following gameplay issues were fixed:
- Logic in match play formats – the game ending before the final putt,
- The incorrect information displayed on the scoreboard has been fixed,
- Fixed logic in best ball formats to enable skip when high scores are to high to tie golf matches,
- Fixed logic in skins format to advance to the next hole in certain instances,
- Fixed putt meter power target line not being visible in certain situations,
- Updated golfer etiquette to retrieve ball in cup – multiplayer matches,
- Opposition golfers’ balls are no longer visible on the greens in certain formats and on certain shots,
- Golfers will no longer be visible when viewing unplayable lies, which should help a lot with recovering shots, and
- The aim info widget was moved further out of view and away from the aim marker to allow for better calculation for the next shot.
All Issues Fixed in All Game Modes
Some issues in EA Sports PGA Tour Game Modes have been rectified in August, while others have only been fixed with the Patch Notes 7.0 update.
|Career||– Updated round settings confirmation popup displaying incorrect tournament. |
– Fixes were carried out on the course preview screen, previewing the incorrect hole in Quick Round, incorrect position displaying as “3,333rd” only on round events, and Event Results leaderboard error.
|Online||– Fixed rare occasions of golfers and balls disappearing, syncing issue of remote golfers in Online and Private lobbies, leaderboard issues in Online Mode not showing up, and opponent’s Ball Trail VFX displaying incorrectly.|
– Repaired random disconnection issues.
|Quick Play||– Lobbies update in various modes|
– Manually adding players is no longer required with improvements made to pre-populating.
– New options for controller settings were added. Players can now change from CPU to local player and local player to CPU.
|Challenges||– Fixed broken hole location in the “No Need For Speed Here” challenge. |
– The fix was applied to servers on August 11th.
– Fix for the pro golfer you are playing sometimes being replaced by your created golfer after restarting a change.
|Quests||– Fixed notification crashes when viewing rewards after completion|
– Update to tab order so that “Live” Quests are listed first.
|Tournaments||– Fixed broken daily tournament “6 Holes – Arcade on Top of the Rock” and the tournament was moved to Torrey Pines to resolve the issue.|
|Pro Pass||– The entire UI of the Pro Pass has been improved. |
– Fixes were also carried out for the premium reboot issues, incorrect level progress display, and Rewards Summary.
– A sound effect has been added for unlocking new items.
|Courses||– Fixes were carried out to Banff Springs, Olympia Fields, Pebble Beach, PGA WEST, Royal Liverpool, Torrey Pines, TPC Scottsdale, and Wolf Creek.|
|Outfits & Gear||– The outfits and gear of Bryson DeChambeau and Danielle Kang were updated.|
– Certain brands and items in store. Nike, Puma, Under Armour, FootJoy, and other brands received updates.
UI Improvements and Fixes
The User Interface was fixed and updated in every game mode, as well as updated to suit the Ryder Cup theme for the rest of the season. Some fixes to the UI consist of:
- Incorrect mode displayed,
- Incorrect background being displayed,
- Incorrect course names displayed,
- Incorrect club thumbnails shown in the HUD,
- Leaderboard issues,
- Main menu tabs missing in some cases,
- Incorrect popup text, and
- Outfit fixes.
Improvements were made to the commentary on certain shots and other important moments. Crowd clapping for bad shots was included. Harris’s misgendering issue has been solved in Career mode.
The saving progress crash, in-store freezing unexpectedly, playoffs crash, and other stability issues in other game modes have all been fixed with Patch Note 7. Included with this, the Xbox Series S memory has been optimized.
That’s all the bug and performance issues that have been seen, too. The only feature still missing from any update of PGA Tour is one or two new pro golfers. All Ryder Cup events are live on the game, including the latest golf course added. To find out what’s new with season 6 of EA Sports PGA Tour, you can read: EA Sports PGA Tour Season 6 Update: What’s New?