DOOM Eternal offers a wide array of features players can use to help their character save humanity from the evil of Hell. Some of these features are called runes and allow players to add some powerful bonuses and abilities to their arsenal. Fortunately, we have all of the runes available in the adrenaline-fueled first-person shooter covered for you so that you know what you will be able to use in your fight against the armies of the underworld.
DOOM Eternal Runes
There are nine different ones that DOOM Eternal players can equip to their character to add some advantageous bonuses and abilities. You can find these runes and their official descriptions below:
- Savagery - Perform Glory Kills faster
- Blood-Fueled - Gain a Speed Boost after performing a Glory Kill
- Seek and Destroy - Launch into a Glory Kill from much farther away
- Air Control - Greatly increase movement control while in the air
- Saving Throw - Survive one death blow and briefly slow down time, giving you a chance to recover. This Rune recharges on death
- Dazed and Confused - Increases how long enemies remain in a stagger state
- Punch and Reave - Enemies killed by a Blood Punch shockwave drop health
- Equipment Fiend - Enemies killed by equipment or while under the influence of equipment will decrease the recharge time
- Chrono Strike - Temporarily slows down time when you are in the air. Once the Rune is fully drained, you'll need to wait for it to recharge
Players will unlock more runes the more they play and can have up to a total of three runes equipped to their character at one time. Players will find that the runes above will make their character much more of a formidable threat that will no doubt strike fear even into the minds of the worst forces that Hell is ready to throw at you and the rest of humanity.
Do you want to learn more about DOOM Eternal besides the details surrounding the runes? If so, be sure to check out our dedicated hub for the high-profile game or three of our most recent pieces of coverage below:
- DOOM Eternal Heavy Cannon Mods
- DOOM Eternal Combat Shotgun Mods
- How to Switch Weapon Mods in DOOM Eternal
What are your thoughts on the runes in DOOM Eternal? Let us know over on Twitter and Facebook! You can grab a copy of the fan-favorite game and support Prima Games at the same time by purchasing through this link.