Diablo 4’s been rife with bugs since its release. But with this new set of patch notes, some of the biggest ones are getting ironed out. Here’s Diablo 4’s August 15 update, with full patch notes listed.
Diablo 4 August 15 Update: Full Patch Notes Listed
The Diablo 4 devs have been very enthusiastic about taking on player feedback. And while season one didn’t get off on the foot we all wanted to see, some of those community feedback changes are being made. That includes reducing the Malignant Heart timer to two seconds. And players will be very happy to hear that the Fury Against Fate quest has finally been fixed! Now, let’s dive into it.
- The wait time for a Malignant Monster to spawn after activating a Malignant Heart in the world has been reduced from 5 to 2 seconds.
- Players are now in the Trade Channel by default. Navigate to the in-game settings to opt-out.
Dungeons and Events
- Fixed an issue where Nightmare Dungeons could be repeated by promoting other party members to leader.
- Fixed an issue where the Gathering Legions event could stop progressing even after defeating all nearby enemies.
- Fixed an issue where Boulders cast with the Aspect of Metamorphic Stone equipped would not deal more than 100% damage.
- Fixed an issue where the Agitated Winds malignant power would trigger when breaking destructible objects.
- Fixed an issue where the Aspect of the Alpha Werewolf companions could float above the ground.
- Fixed an issue where the Fury Against Fate quest couldn’t be completed.
- Fixed an issue where Iron Skin Elixirs could be obtained indefinitely by repeatedly accepting and abandoning the Desperate Remedies quest.
- Fixed an issue where the Call of the Ancients quest would not progress if the party leader was dead when the boss was defeated.
- Fixed an issue where the Call of the Ancients quest would not progress if Gharl was killed before his dialogue was triggered.
- Fixed an issue where side quests for crafting items could direct the player to the wrong NPC.
User Interface and User Experience
- Fixed an issue where white lines were appearing on the World Map.
- Fixed an issue where the Season Journey menu could malfunction when finishing a chapter.
- Fixed an issue where the notification for the World Boss appearance would malfunction if the player hadn’t unlocked Whispers of the Dead yet.
- Fixed an issue where linking an item in chat wouldn’t display properly in the Battle.net app.
- Fixed an issue where the Holding Back the Flood quest marker would display on Dungeon exits but not on the world map.
- The tooltips for the Caged Heart of Tal’Rasha and Caged Heart of the Great Feast now correctly state that their bonuses are additive instead of multiplicative.
- The tooltip for the Caged Heart of Determination had its description updated to clarify that it specifically reduces resource draining effects from enemies.
- Fixed an issue where the A Boon in the Tide Season Journey objective could not be completed as expected.
- Fixed an issue where teleporting to a Dungeon entrance could be done while using invincibility-granting skills (Ex: Blood Mist).
- Fixed an issue where some interactable objects—particularly corpses— could not be interacted with.
- Fixed an issue where mount skills were sometimes not available after leaving a city.
- Fixed an issue where the Calculated malignant power would consume the stun effect on non-damaging abilities.
- Fixed an issue where Druids, Necromancers, and Rogues could not gamble for Helms at the Unsavory Oddities vendor in Fields of Hatred towns.
- Fixed an issue where you could not replace an equipped Wrathful Heart with another Wrathful Heart.
- Fixed an issue where the frost effect of the Penitent Greaves didn’t display properly in the final campaign boss arena.
- Fixed an issue where quest items could randomly appear in town.
- Various stability and performance improvements.
- Various other miscellaneous fixes to Shop Cosmetics.
It seems after the last patch, more Uniques are dropping than ever before. Here’s an in-depth look at how unique drop rates work in Diablo 4.