Darkness in the Light Destiny 2 Guide – Malfeasance Exotic
Whether it’s killing something or someone in a certain way, Exotics are known for being a little tricky to pick up. Here’s our Darkness in the Light Destiny 2 guide if you’re chasing the Malfeasance hand cannon.
Update 8/24/21: During the Destiny 2 2021 Livestream, we got our first proper look at the next expansion, The Witch Queen. Here’s a rundown of what was shown!
Malfeasance is an Exotic hand cannon that does Kinetic damage. It’s coveted because of something called Explosive Shadow – this weapon will shoot out tainted slugs which bury themselves in your enemies, and stacking enough of these slugs will make them explode.
Now, that’s an incredibly messy end for someone that you don’t like. The weapon is incredibly stable, and can fire 180 rounds per minute. It’s not got the largest magazine, but we’re not complaining about the explosive rounds in the slightest.
Darkness in the Light is the name of the Malfeasance Exotic quest chain, which kicks off with an item called The Seething Heart dropping from an Ascendant Primeval in Gambit. You just have to kill regular matches until one spawns and you kill it. You can’t actually start the questline until this happens. Here are the steps outlined briefly below for you once you’ve got The Seething Heart in hand:
- The Seething Heart – bring the Seething Heart back to the Drifter
- City of Secrets – kill 25 Taken bosses or minibosses in search of clues in the Dreaming City
- The Corrupted – finish the mission The Corrupted by completing the strike
- The Depleted Weapon Core – bring the Depleted Weapon Core to the Drifter
- Business As Usual – deposit motes in Gambit and win 10 Gambit matches
- Lights Out – either kill 4 enemy Guardians in 1 invasion 3 times, or down 4 opponents as an invader before killing 25 opposing Guardians in Gambit
- Dark Weapon Core – return to the Drifter in the Tower
Once you conclude the final steps, you’ll have completed the Darkness in the Light Destiny 2 quest chain and be able to pick up your completed Malfeasance from The Drifter. Need a hand with anything else in Destiny 2 or about being a Guardian? We’ve put together some guides that we reckon you’re going to find useful:
- Destiny 2 Impossible Heat Guide – Dawning 2019 Ingredient
- Destiny 2 Error Code WEASEL – What Is It?
- Destiny 2 Enemies of the Traveler – Annihilator Bounty Enemy Guide