If you're someone who's been as enamored with The Outer Worlds as the Prima team, then you're likely an RPG fan who just can't enough of the world that Obsidian Entertainment has created. Like their work on the classic Fallout New Vegas, the studio's latest is rife with faction politics and associated quests if you want to make the most of your time on Halcyon. Check out our guide to the Canid's Cradle Outer Worlds faction quest where we'll walk you through what you need to know.
Canid's Cradle Outer Worlds Guide - Quest Walkthrough
The Canid's Cradle Outer Worlds quest is concerned with two competing factions: the Iconoclasts and MSI. The Iconoclasts are essentially survivalists who want to say "screw you" to the capitalist ruling class that's got the whole system under its thumb. Honestly, fair. The MSI is Monarch Stellar Industries, and they're the big dogs on Monarch (where this mission is going to take place). Obviously, the two serve diametrically opposing interests and Canid's Cradle is going to force you to either bat for one team or try to make relations less tense.
The drama essentially kicks off when you come across a crashed ship after hitting up Devil's Peak Station. Inside this ship, you'll find a Canid Targeting Module, and then you're going to have to make a choice about what to do with it: it's a hot commodity for both the MSI and for the Iconoclasts.
Canid's Cradle Outer Worlds Guide - Team Iconoclasts
If you want to rise up against the agents of labor-based oppression, then you're probably going to want to be Team Iconoclasts. Siding with them is something you can do since The Outer Worlds is a game that's all about making choices, but it's not the most convenient one. Is this a political allegory? Whatever it is, here are the steps needed if you want to stick it to the landlord class on Monarch:
- Go to Amber Heights to meet with Graham
- [If you sided with Zora previously] Zora will appear and tell you that she's gonna overthrow Graham, and you have to pick to either help her or ignore her. Helping her means that she gets the Module.
- [If you didn't side with Zora previously] Just offer Graham the Module for your reward.
Canid's Cradle Outer Worlds Guide - Team MSI
If you reckon that you're up for a little bootlicking when it comes to your capitalist overlords, then this is honestly the path of least resistance for completing the quest. All you have to do here is, well, a one-step thing: bring the Module to Sanjar in Stellar Bay.
Canid's Cradle Outer Worlds Guide - Uniting Both Sides
If you want to get both factions to work together, well, you can do it. It's not easy, and definitely requires some prep, but here's what you have to do.
- Hit up Sanjar first and ask if a truce could pan out, before saying that Zora might be on board
- Get Zora's review from the Rizzo Offices for Sanjar
- Talk to Zora about supporting her coup against Graham and about this truce
- Confront Graham with Zora
- Kill Graham, then Persuade Zora to work with Sanjar
- Assure Zora that Sanjar didn't kill a whole lot of people
- The two, somehow, reconcile their differences
Now that you've got our Canid's Cradle Outer Worlds faction quest guide to hand, it should be easy work for you to get these cantankerous commanders to work together for the good of the planet. Or, well, for you to pick a side and watch them descend into relative chaos as the in-fighting continues, but again - you get to make the choice! Need help with anything else in The Outer Worlds? Check out some tips on the following: