Those who have been looking forward to upcoming Borderlands 3 DLC content might have to cool their jets a little bit barring any official announcements from Gearbox, but while we have yet to get the full details of what's up next, it's nice to see that the team working on the game are dedicated to ironing out any issues that might be plaguing the community. With some new Borderlands 3 hotfixes just rolled out, here's our lowdown on what's been fixed
Borderlands 3 Hotfixes for February 27 2020
When it comes to hotfixes, we're definitely no stranger to them. However, the latest changes in Borderlands 3 are mostly to address quests and interactions that have been troubling the community for some time now. Rejoice! We're talking about changes to challenges, boss behaviors, and things in general that have been gating progress for Vault Hunters in the game. There's also been a tweak to weapons in general, mostly in the form of increased damage to the tune of a whopping 35% when it comes to DAHL Assault Rifles so if you're looking for something in particular to pick up, we would recommend one of their ilk. There's also been changes to guns like the Woodblocker (which we have a guide on getting right here) and more, so read on for our reproduction of the official hotfix notes from the Borderlands 3 website:
BORDERLANDS 3 HOTFIXES: FEBRUARY 27, 2020
Today we will release a hotfix for Borderlands 3, which will be live on all platforms by 12:00 PM PST. This hotfix addresses concerns reported by the community. To apply hotfixes, wait at the main menu until you see a sign that says “Hotfixes Applied”! If you are experiencing any issues or want to provide feedback, please submit a ticket to support.2k.com.
- Addressed a reported concern that players were sometimes able to bypass Trudy’s spawn trigger during “Kill KillaVolt”
- Addressed a perceived progression blocker during “All Bets Off” where enemies that were dropped in from a drop pod would sometimes not appear when the player left and returned to the area
- Included a stopgap fix to prevent a reported blocker due to enemies sometimes becoming stuck in unreachable locations in Cistern of Slaughter
This will be addressed further in a future patch, along with a change to Brood Mother’s spawn conditions.
- Addressed a reported concern that the “Should’ve Cashed Out” challenge was sometimes not progressing when killing Looters in the DLC area
- Adjusted Billy the Anointed’s behaviors so that they would not teleport as often during a fight, and increased the chance for them to drop Lead Sprinkler
- Addressed a reported concern that players could sometimes get stuck on top of a row of slot machines inside the second VIP room at Beggar’s Berth
- Increased damage of all DAHL Assault Rifles by 35%
- Increased Magazine Size from 4 to 12
- Greatly increased damage per tick
- Now fires a burst shot of 3 magical orbs instead of 1
- Increased Critical Hit Damage by 100%
- Slightly reduced Vertical Recoil
- Greatly increased damage
- Reduced shotgun ammo cost from 4 to 2
- Greatly increased damage
- Greatly reduced the Cooldown of Singularity Grenade
Now that you've got the latest information on the Borderlands 3 hotfixes for February 27, it should be a little easier for you to keep track of whether or not your specific concerns about Vault Hunting in Pandora have been properly addressed. It's nice to see that steps have been taken to fix issues that were gating progression, and the fact that Gearbox is keeping future patches in mind when it comes to other issues is good too. Need a hand with anything else in Borderlands 3? Why not check out these tips and tricks that we've put together for your convenience all in one place at our dedicated guides hub?