If you've been enjoying your time with Borderlands 3 but you've been wondering about the progress that the Gearbox team is making on the Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite event that was delayed at the start of the year, then the latest Borderlands 3 hotfix patch notes should bring some clarity. A quick bandaid was slapped onto the game on 9 January, and we've got a list of changes.
Borderlands 3 Hotfix Patch Notes for January 9
There's been a bit of a kerfuffle over the Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite being delayed. Previously it was an issue with implementing the difficulty scaling, but now, it looks like everything has been ironed up. The event will have its training wheels removed once January's up, but for now, here's a list of everything else that has been tweaked as part of the recent Borderlands 3 hotfix, including the Maliwan event, as per the Borderlands 3 website:
- Addressed a reported concern that FL4K's Furious Attack was sometimes not applying bonuses to pet damage as expected
- Addressed a reported concern that Rakkcelerate was sometimes not applying the cooldown modifier as stated on the skill's description
- Addressed a reported concern that Cheap Tip's total weapon shield capacity was sometimes not appearing in the tooltip on the item card
- Addressed a reported concern that The Arbalest of Discipline was sometimes spawning with just shields
- We found an issue where Anointed Enforcer's immunity abilities would sometimes cause them to be more difficult than intended. We have lowered their health temporarily as we investigate further and find a permanent solution.
- Temporarily lowered the health on Anointed Enforcer
TAKEDOWN AT THE MALIWAN BLACKSITE
- Thank you everyone for your patience as we work on the scaled Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite event. We were unable to bring it to you during New Years, but we are looking to start the event next week!
- From January 16 to January 30, you'll be able to look forward to a slightly easier Takedown as you aim to grab as much of that loot as you can! If you've wanted to experience Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite but were having a hard time making progress or finding a party, this is the perfect opportunity to jump in and wreak havoc on Maliwan's most elite soldiers and robots. After January 30, we're bringing the event back up to its intended difficulty level.
As you can see from the Borderlands 3 hotfix patch notes for January 9 above, the Maliwan Blacksite event is going to officially kick off on January 16 while the team puts the finishing touches on everything. Outside of some minor tweaks to how weapons work as well as FL4K's Furious Attack, it seems as if everything is in order for yet another smooth content launch on the Borderlands 3 side, hot on the heels of the Moxxi's Heist DLC.
Need a hand with anything else about being a Vault Hunter? Check out these tips and tricks that we've put together for you if you're kicking around the galaxy: