The Shadow-Cursed lands in BG3 are nothing to sneeze at. Getting caught in the middle can drain your HP quickly, so always having a light source near you is important. Throughout your adventures, you may have picked up a broken Moonlantern and wondered if there’s any way to repair it or put it to use during your time in the new area. To learn more, continue reading to discover whether you can fix the broken Moonlantern in Baldur’s Gate 3.
Can You Fix the Broken Moon Lantern in Baldur’s Gate 3?
To fix the broken Moonlantern in Baldur’s Gate 3, unlock Balthazar’s hidden room in Moonrise Towers and merge the lantern with a dead pixie. However, you’ll need a light source, such as a torch, to arrive here.
Once you get to Moonrise Towers, you can follow the steps below to fix the broken Moon lantern:
- Head through Moonrise Towers until you reach Balthazar’s Study on the first floor.
- Locate the bookshelf at coordinates (X: -145, Y: -170) and interact with the rightmost protruding books.
- Once the Ancient Altar clicks, pick up the nearby heart and insert it into the altar.
- Enter the secret room, pick up the dead pixies on the table, and interact with the ritual circle on the table.
- Place the broken Moonlantern and dead pixie inside of the combination menu.
You can also click the images below to see each part of this process.
Once you finish these steps, you’ll successfully fix the broken Moonlantern.
Fortunately, if you don’t wish to fix your broken Moonlantern, there are multiple times when you’ll get substitute lanterns to aid you in navigating the Shadow-Cursed Lands. However, the first method requires defeating a challenging group of enemies, while the other appears after arriving at Moonrise Towers.
Where to Find Moon Lanterns in Baldur’s Gate 3
As of now, I’ve found two different Moon lanterns during my playthrough:
- Defeat Kar’niss and loot his body
- Search Balthazar’s room in Moonrise Towers for the lantern
During your travels in the Shadow-Cursed Lands, you’ll initially have to use torches, spells, or other light sources to venture through the area without taking damage. While this is effective at first, you’ll eventually have to find other means to protect your party against the curse.
Once you’ve spent time in this area and met the Harpers, you’ll find two situations to pick up a Moonlantern. The first is during a fight against the drider Kar’niss, while the second requires you to visit Moonrise Towers and search Balthazar’s room on the main floor.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is available on PC and soon on Mac, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S. To learn more about the game, check out how to use the Adamantine Forge in BG3, or click the game tag below to discover our growing content list.