When you reach the Adamantine Forge in Baldur’s Gate 3, creating powerful gear won’t be as easy as simply combining ingredients, and you need to take down the massive Grym guardian before claiming what is yours. But taking down the giant guardian requires more than brute force, and I’m here to help you melt it down in the Grymforge. Here’s how to beat Grym in Baldur’s Gate 3.
How to Defeat Grym in Baldur’s Gate 3
To beat Grym at the Adamantine Forge, you need to use lava and break down the shields that the boss has against all damage. There is only one wheel you can use to have lava flow into the arena and hit Grym on the ground. When he initially appears in Baldur’s Gate 3, lava will flow with the boss, but it won’t last long and you have a small window to deal damage.
That means you need to have at least one character in your party near the lava wheel at all times on the bottom right of the arena. As long as the lava is flowing, you can deal damage to Grym. However, there is an even easier way to defeat Grym in the forge.
How to Easily Beat Grym in Baldur’s Gate 3:
- Have one character on the lava wheel.
- This character should have the lava flowing at all times.
- Send a second party member to the forge lever on the left side of the arena.
- Have a third party member go to the furthest corner platform.
- The third party member needs to hit Grym and grab its attention.
- Grym will walk to the center of the arena on the middle platform.
- Have the second party member pull the forge lever which causes a massive “hammer” to smash Grym.
When the hammer falls, Grym will either die instantly or will be very close to defeat. I dealt nearly 200 damage with the hammer slam in my fight with the giant boss. This will save you plenty of time and health instead of having your party members tank damage in a fair fight. Just remember to keep the lava on Grym and only have one party member deal damage.
While you are near the Grymforge, check out our guide on how to destroy the Grymforge cave in Baldur’s Gate 3.