Not too long ago, Larian Studios released the eighth hotfix for Baldur’s Gate 3, primarily focusing on crashing issues, visual fixes, and other miscellaneous bugs resulting from the third major patch. Today’s patch is similar but provides additional features to the new magic mirror. Continue reading to explore Baldur’s Gate 3’s Hotfix 9 patch notes, released on October 6, 2023.
Spoiler Warning – There are some Act Three spoilers in the patch notes!
Baldur’s Gate 3 October 6 Hotfix 9 Update – Full Patch Notes
Today’s Baldur’s Gate 3 hotfix continues the previous two updates, adding name-changing and hireling customization to the magic mirror. As usual, the hotfix includes various bug fixes, ranging from graphic improvements to dialogue tweaks. Let’s take a look at Baldur’s Gate 3’s Hotfix 9 patch notes.
- You can now use the Magic Mirror on hirelings.
- You can now change your name through the Magic Mirror.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur when unloading or quickloading a game.
- Fixed an issue causing GPU crashes on PS5 Vulkan.
- Fixed the Guardian Statue repeatedly falling into a chasm, causing the server to stall.
- Fixed a splitscreen issue on PS5 that could cause a black screen when listening in on a dialogue.
- Fixed unpreparing spells not removing their buffs if the spell was upcasted.
- Fixed buffs being removed by unpreparing spells if the buff came from a different source (e.g. a scroll).
- Fixed some character positions and animations breaking if you skip lines in certain dialogues.
- Fixed the previews not working correctly in the Accessibility options.
- Fixed an issue causing Minthara’s romance to unreliably trigger.
- Fixed Minthara’s dialogue after you kill Orin not triggering properly when you talk to her.
- Fixed the Adamantine Splint Armour sometimes making your legs transparent.
- Fixed a geometry stretching bug introduced in Hotfix 8 on Vulkan.
- Fixed characters showing up in their underwear in some intimate scenes even if you have nudity enabled.
- Fixed Feign Death causing an infinite leave–join combat loop in certain circumstances.
- Fixed prices in dialogues not displaying correctly in savegames that were made while the price was on screen.
- Optimised the line-of-sight system for entities with no sight range, like items
That marks the end of Baldur’s Gate 3 Hotfix 9 patch notes! Check out the official Steam announcement for more details.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is available on PC, Mac, PlayStation 5, and soon on Xbox Series X|S. Be sure to check out how to find the Magic Mirror in BG3 so you can get started on changing your hirelings’ appearance.