As we get closer to Baldur’s Gate 3’s first major patch, we’ve had hotfixes to help resolve significant bugs and flow issues. While this fourth list may be shorter than the last, it’s just as important, as it covers plenty of issues that could break your playthrough in some situations. To learn more, continue reading to find a complete list of Baldur’s Gate 3’s August 16 Hotfix 4 patch notes.
Be careful, though; there are some major spoilers up ahead!
Baldur’s Gate 3 August 16 Hotfix 4 Update Patch Notes
This fourth hotfix focuses on more bug fixes, particularly surrounding late-game features, characters, and events. There are also a few combat changes, including an NPC buff.
With that said, this list has numerous spoilers, so watch out for those!
However, the fourth hotfix has yet to be released, as it had to be rolled back due to a build error causing crashes. You can play your old saves from before the update is released, but any saves you created after updating the game will not be playable. You may have some inaccessible saves until Larian Studios republishes the update.
It’s now time to explore Baldur’s Gate 3 Hotfix 4 patch notes.
CRASHES AND BLOCKERS
- Fixed players getting stuck mid-Long-Rest due to companions not waking up.
- Fixed being able to Long Rest in the Astral Prism, potentially causing the portal to disappear.
- Fixed Orin getting pulled from her location in the Temple of Bhaal if the door was opened before killing Gortash in Wyrm’s Crossing.
- Fixed a script issue preventing some players from loading savegames.
- Fixed characters disappearing when disconnecting and reconnecting in split-screen.
- Added a warning for hosts in multiplayer when clients join through drop-in during Character Creation. Hosts must now grant approval before new players join.
- Fixed the visibility of multiplayer servers on GOG.
- Slightly increased Isobel’s HP so she doesn’t die as easily.
- Fixed a bug that would make Gortash join the combat taking place in Wyrm’s Rock’s Audience Hall while he was in his office upstairs.
- Fixed Cruel Sting adding infinite additional Psychic damage to attacks.
FLOW AND SCRIPTING
- Fixed the Enemy of the Absolute crime not clearing from player characters, resulting in a soft block when speaking to the Steel Watch.
- Fixed the game thinking the Emperor had died in the Astral Prism when you healed a downed ally.
- Player resources are now correctly restored at the end of Act II.
- Having dead party members no longer prevents you from entering the Astral Prism.
- Fixed a bug preventing you from talking to Ravenguard if he gets moved to the camp in a certain case.
- Hostages in the Iron Throne will no longer be stuck if you turn back and return again.
- Players with modded or cheated savegames with characters at Level 13 or above can now travel to the House of Hope.
- Killing Anders will no longer make the other paladins leave the Tollhouse.
That’s the end of Baldur’s Gate 3’s fourth hotfix, released on August 16, 2023. While the hotfix is unavailable now, places like Larian Studios’ official Twitter account actively post updates about this error and will provide more details about its status throughout the day.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is available on PC, Mac, and soon on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. To learn more about the game, check out how to complete Sarin’s Skeleton in Baldur’s Gate 3, or click the game tag below to dive into our growing article list!