Sonic Origins just came out and you’re already looking for Cheat Codes for it online? It’s fine, it’s fine… We don’t judge – we’re here to help both the old-school players that want to re-live the 90s experience of this lovely game and the newcomers to the franchise. Sit back and enjoy the unraveling of the forbidden codes below.
All Cheats for Sonic Origins
For different games, there will be different cheat codes, and we’ll divide them by each platform:
Sonic the Hedgehog Cheat Codes
Make sure that you’re on the start screen of the game (you’ll notice the “Press Button” message on the screen). Now, depending on the platform you’re playing on, you’ll need to press these keys in exact order to enter the cheat menu:
- PlayStation: UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, SQUARE
- Xbox: UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, X
- Nintendo Switch: UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, Y
Basically, the difference is the last key, it’s always the key that’s the most left on the right side of your controller. Different manufacturers just have different positions and names for their keys.
If you pressed everything correctly, you will have successfully entered the cheat menu. Here, you can select the level that you wish to play. By using the Sound Test option, you can unlock a couple of more cool things:
- If you play the sounds in this order: 01, 09, 09, 01, 00, 06, 02, 03, you will enable debug mode.
- If you play the sounds in this order: 04, 01, 02, 06, you will unlock all of the Chaos Emeralds, granting you the ability to become Super Sonic!
Some of the other options will allow you to change other aspects of the game:
- Player option will let you change who are you playing as.
– 00 are Sonic and Tails
– 01 is Sonic
– 02 is Tails
– 03 is Knuckles.
- Spindash option allows you to toggle said move (used by pressing down and then jump while holding the down button)
- Max Emeralds allows you to change between the requirement of having to collect six or seven Chaos Emeralds (original game had just six, whereas this remaster has seven)
- Items option allows you to change the items in the game
- S1 Spikes rule changes the Spike rule
- Gnd Spd Cap (Ground Speed Cap) turns the ground speed limit on or off
- Air Spd Cap (Air Speed Cap) turns the air speed limit on or off
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Cheat Codes
Same deal as the previous game – you need to be on the start screen and see the “Press Button” message, and then proceed with pressing the following combinations:
- PlayStation: UP, UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, SQUARE
- Xbox: UP, UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, X
- Switch: UP, UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, Y
The Hidden Palace won’t be seen initially, until you find it on your own first. More on that later.
The same as before, you need to play around with the Sound Test option:
- To get into debug mode, play the sounds in this order: 01, 09, 09, 02, 01, 01, 02, 04.
- To start any level with all of the Chaos Emeralds and become Super Sonic, play the sounds in this order: 04, 01, 02, 06.
How to find the Hidden Palace Zone in Sonic 2
We have found a one-minute video that effectively shows how to reach the Hidden Palace Zone, embedded above.
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles Cheat Codes
In the same fashion as in the previous entries, you need to be on the Start Screen and see the “Press Button” message. Funnily enough, there are only directional keys to press in this game, and the combination is as follows:
UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, UP, UP, UP, UP
In the menu that pops up, you can once again select all of the levels, Blue Sphere stages, and the competition stages (which were usually intended to be played in multiplayer).
- For Debug, play the sounds in this order: 01, 09, 09, 02, 01, 01, 02, 04
- For Chaos Emeralds, play the sounds in this order: 04, 01, 02, 06