If you have gone toe-to-toe with some of the more fearsome optional bosses out there, you might have found yourself rewarded with what looks like junk. Junk like a rusty Staff or a rusty Lance. But these weapons serve an important function. Here are all of the Rusty Weapon locations in Octopath Traveler 2.
Related: Should You Play the First Octopath Traveler Before the Second? – Answered
All Rusty Weapon Locations in Octopath Traveler 2
When you first stumble upon a rusty weapon, you might be wondering what in the world and try to sell. This would be a huge mistake. This rusty weapon is actually a divine weapon, tarnished by time and neglect.
Fortunately, there is a way to bring them back to their gleaming, powerful shine. Which is by bringing them to the Armsmaster in Gavell. There are a total of six divine weapons, and they are scattered across the world. Here are each of the six locations:
- Rusty Staff → Seat of the Water Sprite dungeon, East of the Flamechuch. Definitely the easiest one to obtain.
- Rusty Lance → Timberain Castle Town Square. Head far west and there will be a guard that says “I challenge you to a duel!” Beat him however you like and claim your Lance.
- Rusty Sword → Obtain the Sturdy Pickaxe from the Retired Miner in the weapon shop of Orerush. Take the Sturdy Pickaxe to the woman in Winterbloom beside the rock on the far right of town. For your trouble, she’ll give you the sword.
- Rusty Bow → Go to the Nameless Village then head towards the nearby Sinking Ruins. Head all the way west and you’ll sense a fearsome presence. Defeat the optional boss and claim your bow.
- Rusty Axe → From Sai, head west until you hit the Quicksand Gaol. Enter the dungeon and approach the recessed area at the center of the cave. Defeat the Lord of the Sands to claim the chest at the center and the axe.
- Rusty Dagger → Once you have the Grand Terry, sail towards the Shipwreck of the Empress just west of Toto’haha. Challenge the ominous presence within and emerge with the dagger.
Once a weapon is returned to its true form, it will have some pretty fantastic stats and abilities. Good luck! If you want to power level your party to take on these strong bosses, check out our guide here.
Related: All Jobs in Octopath Traveler 2 Listed